B-Movie Entry: Bihorel Jean-Michel

A first test for the dancer.

first test for the small dancing character. It will have many of them dancing all around with maybe different kind of glowy colors.

Nice! very original concept!
Good luck!

Loving the concept- very whimsical design too… Nice models… Looking forward to seeing this :buttrock:

Software: Maya,mental ray,Photoshop, Fusion

here a first test to see how to upload videos.

Some members of the team have been shooting (and are still at the moment) the time-laps we will use for the movie. These are not videos but photos took at some interval of time. Then we comp them back and mixed some part with the others ( I will stop the explanation there cause I don’t know exactly what have been done by our comp artist :slight_smile: . I don’t write all the names cause I don’t know exactly who where one the shooting but we will make a detailed credits at the end of the project. If you have any questions about some points I can pass the message to the other members of the team (most of them are checking the topic anyway).

Here I’ve bee trying which method I would use to render the characters on these time-laps cause the lights are always changing. I tried to use the video itself to generate the lighting of the scene. a bit like a hdri lighting but not with a spherical environment. I put some planes for the sea for the sky and others elements and then I project the video on them from the camera so they have an animated texture on them which is matching more or less what they should be seen from this angle. Then I hide their primary visibility but use them as final gather generators. I multiply the color Gain from the video to make them more or less vivid. The lightning is not accurate cause if a boat pass in the foreground then it affect the character which is in the background but it make a nice soft effect and give a bit more interest to the geometry of the character by making the light move on him.

We are all very busy in the studio those days because of a lot of projects going on but we will try our best to finish at least a trailer in time. A first offline should come during the next week and from there will start the final animation and renders!

Play Video >>

This monster is the bigest one. He comes after the party to clean a bit the city.

Trop beau !
Excellent design !
On veut voir plus !

Merci beaucoup! We are all very busy those days in Anima cause there is a lot of jobs going on letting
us a very little time to work on this project. We are trying our best to post a trailer before monday.
All the characters will not be present in the trailer cause we don’t have enough time to animate all
of them. But until the end of the month we will try to finish the full movie. It will probably be a 37s trailer and at the end of the month a 2 minutes short film.

super idea and nice sketchs
wait final video :thumbsup:

I love this monster design, fantastic textures.

Thanks a lot for the compliments.
The project should be ready in time. We are very busy on other projects but we should be able to deliver the final video in time. We don’t have time for any making off for now but maybe later. Is it a must for the competition?

“Is it a must for the competition?”
i am afraid, yes.

Once again, great work ! Ca déchire :thumbsup:

At last I post the storyboard. We were terribly busy but ok the project is finaly done after one more night without sleeping :slight_smile: . Here the storyboard is a bit special. We didn’t had too much time for this project so we were not able to waite for the exacte weather condition to shoot exactly the shot from our storyboard. So we made the timelaps shot and then decide the montage of the film. As there is no realy story it’s more a visual and musical sequence it was not disturbing for the creativ process.

we still have a couple of hours to post the final video isn’t it?

part 2

part 3

the storyboard is a bit longer than the project we have made for the challenge. We choose a trailer format for our project, like most of the entry, but this is realy the trailer of the movie that we will continue after the competition normaly.

Software: Maya,mental ray,Photoshop

Synopsis -

Do you ever notice a strange pressure on your soul?
A music you didn’t even remember plays in your ears?
Did you know the monsters have been here since eternity?
Did you know the city you breath in, breeds other creatures than you?
Be prepared to be strangled, and be a victim of the invisible belly dance threat!
Cos’ they’re here! And the secrets are about to be spilled! Destroyed! Annihilated! In belly dance!

Description -

A 30seconds teaser for the Istanbul Monsters B movie
Dance and horror

Credits :

director & original artwork by : omur kokes
character design : omur kokes
production design: JM Bihorel, ceyhan kapusuz, ayse unal
technical leads: JM Bihorel, ceyhan kapusuz
DOPs: murat erdem, polat korkmazel, baris gursel, arda evin, ayse unal
script: ayse unal
editing: ayse unal, cigdem yersel
animation: guliz demiray, alp gursoy, ceyhan kapusuz, Ehsan Hassani Moghaddam, JM bihorel
character TD: ceyhan kapusuz, eda gokce
character lead: nermin er
modeling: ozgul gurbuz, civan sari
shading & lighting : JM Bihorel
compositing, color & title design : ilhan poyraz, arda evin, baris gursel
audio mix & complimentary theme: ozan kurtulus
original music : baba zula
producer : anima istanbul

Play Video >>

fantastic! i love it :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Beautiful work! Best to you!:applause: