B-Movie Entry: Anton Toomere

Thank you nucron. that is my exact point that characters and their actions will give a b-movie, not noise-grayscale or bad quality.
About the alien, it or he doesnt have inverted nipples :slight_smile: it’s a nose. when i modeled it the face had to resemble pacmans head with out a nose. And when i got to modeling the body, I thought of making some alien features and the nose seamed to be the most suitable feature on chest near the lungs.
I can imagine how funny and weird it would be if alien stars sneazing.

at the moment i have ca 6 sekonds rendered of a 45 sek trailer. S Lots of work

This is probably the weirdest sentence on this forum. :slight_smile:

How are things coming up? Are you able to meet the deadline?

Yes probably it is the weirdest sentence and character also. character does one thing more, this will be in the trailer. :slight_smile:
Lots of shot I did didn’t see the render, but i’ll try to include them in the trailer anyway. All the action scenes are rendered, so no worries there :slight_smile: at the moment I post all renders - killing the 3d look.

thx for support!

Software: 3ds max

final trailer for hoh

Play Video >>

Hello and good luck to all participants who are reading my thread. It’s was really challanging for me to finish this project. Hope you like it!
I didn’t make quite detailed making of, but if there’s something interesting to you let me know I’ll show how I made it. And for now I’ll go to sleep - I’ve been working on HOH since friday non stop.

btw HOH is in HD! I’ll post HD version later. Good luck and good night!

Hahahaha i come to work, make a cup of coffee, open CGTalk forum and find this :slight_smile: You did an excellent job.
Too bad that many pre-viz shots did not reach to final version due to the time constraints. It would have given a better idea about the whole “no water on earth” conflict, but its still better to have more quality than quantity and there is only so much a one man can do.
By the way the shot with that alien and his tongue is very disturbing and i also loved the sequence where the hero was running and ice was breaking behind.

What makes me extremely happy is that this is the first time (as far as i know) when someone represents Estonian country in serious CG related event :slight_smile:

I sincerely hope to see your work in one of the winners category.
Good luck.

PS. I envy your skills :drool:

Thank you Poirot! It’s not a first time somebody from Estonia does something like this. :slight_smile:
I did very serious mistake when I started the project, I had so many ideas and developments so that I began animating and modeling everything. I had a spaceship with a basic rig, fisher man character, boats, insects, grass, plastic bottle, environments. After finishing pre-viz I realized that I’m never gonna finish this in time. Then I minimized the story.
live and learn :slight_smile:

I did same mistake in previous challenge.

But you tryed and learned a lot of new things for sure.

Very good work anton.Excellent renders and very good approach from the directors view.
Congratulations my friend and yes the best are coming…to all of us.

IT CAME FROM NOWHERE…

DAHOUSE

very disturbing alien charicter…
really well done!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.