B-Movie Entry: Alexander Brown

Thanks for the comments!

fgdf - Yes I did use motion blur, but in post. As for the dark edge around the monster, nothing a little erode and edge blur couldn’t fix! :thumbsup: I still don’t really understand how Nuke reads in these premultiplied images. I check on premultiply in the Read node, but it only fixes it somewhat. I also am definitely going to increase the shutter samples of the motion blur for the final output.

Software: After Effects

We braved the frozen tundras. We illegally climbed parking structures. We sacrificed our once-terrific postures in front of our computer screens. We gave this project whatever we could, and had a load of fun along the way. For the past few months, while living and breathing the cg, video, and music of our video, we came to appreciate the work that goes into the production of a film on a deeper level than we once had.

So having survived the thrills, spills and chills of this challenge, we ask you to please apply your chap stick and brace yourself for the story of a man who thought his life was tragically mundane until one day, one slip of his consciousness hurled him into a world of his own creation; a world in which total control was just a figment of his imagination…

Ice Rage: A New Climate of Fear.

Play Video >>

:thumbsup:
good luck

yeah ^^
good project we have here !!
nice job :slight_smile:

of course, this shot is pretty cool , when the 44 rollover But why do your charactere have to jump into the 44? why not just run around ^^ he have big monster just behind him and he prefere climbing the car ^^
i wish you the best , good luck :slight_smile:
:thumbsup:

Beuda - well, if you must know, I was going to put some rocks there for the monster to bust through, but there simply wasn’t enough time for all that. Besides, its more B-movie like for the main character to do over the top acting when it comes to action scenes! Why do the boring thing and run around the truck? :wink:

Anyways, setting up that truck flip shot was a huge task. We basically dragged it to the location that was about 10 miles away, with me sitting in the truck trying to steer it with a very destroyed front, end watching the ground go by though a huge hole in the dashboard, as another truck towed it. I just wish we could have got some b-roll of that to put in the making of. I think people underestimate the challenges of bringing a live action piece together unless you actually try to do it, especially one with stunts! The hardest part for me was organizing everything and everyone to meet on a specific day and have the weather be in our favor. The whole first day of shooting (the b-roll from our making of) was scraped because of poor weather and lighting.

Well after 3 non-consecutive days of shooting, two hours of footage, 400 gigs of space, and 2 minutes of final video, I think we are all pleased with the final result. Hope to have an HD version soon.

Thanks for watching! :wavey:

Nice Job !
Very interesting character and effects.
The pick-up scene is amazing. It was your car.
Good job guys.

Well put Al, this was a monumental task. People shouldn’t try to look too deep into reasons behind the decisions we made. Most likely these decisions were intentional for the sake of the “B-Movie” feel.

Also, I must say filming was miserable at times (for me at least!) but I could not be happier with the results. Kudos to Al, excellent job man, we couldn’t have done it without you. I learned a lot from this guy through this whole process. Even through heated arguments (I was still right most of the time) things always turned out.

Now, let them be judged!

Got an HD version on youtube now.
Check it out!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.