B-Movie Entry: Alexander Brown

This is our high poly zbrush model that Jason and I have been working on. It is close to being done, just needs some coloring.

Very nice guys, very nice!

creature looks great. now ice structure its seen on him,
can wait to see it with textures and shaders, :slight_smile: and of course how it will flip the car :slight_smile: this will be something! gl

Software: XSI

Here is a test animation for Salim getting backhanded that I did last night in XSI. Hopefully this weekend I will have more time so I can do a bunch of the animation that I have to do. There are like 15 shots with animation in them. Luckily they are all short.

Play Video >>

This is a great project, I’m loving the BG plates so far. Really well done.

hey guys really like the concept work here well done, looking forward to seeing more

Software: 3ds max

Here is a compositing and crumble test for the monster shot downtown. I still have some match lighting to do and dust clouds to add. Still waiting on some final textures for the monster as well, but by the end of this week I can start rendering out a bunch of animations that are done. Tell me what yall think of this.

Play Video >>

Software: After Effects

This is our 30 second teaser trailer. No effects are in these cuts, but Matt is doing our sound and titles, doing his best to make them as cheesy as possible.

Play Video >>

Here is one of our most intense scenes, almost done. There is about 11 frames left to render for the end, and some issues with the 3d track that I have yet to correct with the fumefx at the beginning, but I am getting there. So much to do, so little time.

Play Video >>

Hey Al - great job on this shot. It looks pretty good as is and I’m sure once you finish with your tweaks it will be even better. The first building in the foreground has a piece of rubble that seems to fall a little odd. It shoots up a little before it falls with the rest of the rubble. Not sure if that is one thing that you were fixing with fumefx.

I just realized I hadn’t posted what the final monster is going to look like. Been so busy trying to get all my renders going, forgot to show its final version. I am going to start rendering the turn arounds for the making of now. Hopefully tomorrow I can post some of the final shots.

yes all is super…destruct and fumfx
how? héhé :wip: i have search some good exemple how to make debris and particules like u…but didn t find it :cry:
good continuance :thumbsup:

Well, JUDZIGN, there is a very long fumefx thread on Cg talk here that I have been learning from. Also, you can check out the area, because there are some sweet tutorials in there. Hope that helps. :slight_smile:

really thank you for all this information which are indeed going to help me for evolution :bowdown:

Here is a shot of the monster after he gets his ice chopped off and starts spewing steam. I wish I had time to redo the fumefx simulation with a smaller grid size, but that takes forever. Also need to do some color tweaks to match up the plates better. I am having difficult using my zdepth pass in nuke to acheive a DOF effect, so I will probably just use AfterFx.

Play Video >>

Software: After Effects

This is a rough cut of our trailer with some of the effects shots in it. Many shots are still left out even though they are done because this is just for timing, music, and sound fx. This weekend is when we will get the chance to put it all together.

Play Video >>

Here is a quick 360 turn around thats going to be used in the making of.

Play Video >>

Software: 3ds max,After Effects

This is our truck flip scene and its almost done, yay! I have been trying to learn Nuke while comping these shots together and I feel much slower than with After Fx, but I must say I like the nodal approach better than layers. I hope we can finish on time!

Play Video >>

this shots is realy cool!

i can feel your pain with Nuke comparing to AE. Nuke is much better soft i belive and much more powerfull (cool nodes) but if you want do something realy fast AE is better choise for Nuke begginers… :slight_smile: and for sure if you want to put all scenes together

Fantastic work on this shot.
My notice is that monster looks to sharp in composition. Two things on my mind:
Did you use motion blur? I can see you probably did, but monster’s cutout layer borders looks way to sharp (and dark 1/2 px envelope) it pops out and kills perception of motion blur. If you have time to make it this would be sweet
:beer:
_BB