B-Movie Entry: Adrian Lazar

Thanks drako, I’m glad you like it!
And here is a Vimeo mirror for those who have problems viewing the video here (I have with many entries)
http://vimeo.com/11171489

Good idea as the video functions here are not too good.

However…the vid you posted on Vimeo is private :frowning:

Sorry, it’s fixed now :slight_smile:

hilarious piece, i love your work.
but this, I disagree with

For me B-Movie equals low budget + cheesy idea + bad execution

Pulp Fiction was a B movie, as was grind house. I think you are confusing 1950’s era high end effects with “B movie”. They did the best effects they could. Even Star wars Episode III has not aged well in its obvious compositing errors. In another 10 years it will look as bad as any 50’s era movie does to todays viewer. B movie is strictly not A list budget or talent. Many are not executed well, some are. Again I refer to Pulp fiction as a B movie that made good (none of them were A list at the time it was made.)

Just take a look at the inspiration section of the contest: http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/b-movie/inspiration.php

Plus as I said before my biggest inspiration was Plan B from outer space and that’s definatly considered a B-movie.
But anyway I’m glad you like it and I respect your opinion about what a b-movie is just that I don’t agree with it.

Hey all, this is the message im getting when trying to view the entries on the gallery style page: http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/b-movie/entries.php

Not Found
The requested document was not found on this server.

Web Server at cgnetworks.com

anyone else getting this?

Same here.

The whole setup at CGTalk seems shady to say the least.

Weird.

Sorry to hear that. I didn’t had problems that severe but it happens often that the playback stops because the movie doesn’t load completly.

Even if there was a download option that worked it would be great (CG’s FLV download is equally dodgy).

Anyway…when I got to see your entry it was awesome and one of the few here who have understood the brief…‘B Movie’ :thumbsup:

I love it and it would get my vote. :bounce: < < sorry…had to use that smilie :smiley:

What happens now…do we all just sit and wait? There’s been no official ‘closed’ thread or anything like :curious:

My entry was pretty much B-Movie stylie I hope, check it out.

It would be nice if all the people entered got an official email saying when the competition entries will be drawn, it was about 10 days after i found out that the CG Secret Agent competition had been drawn. C’mon CG talk, whats happening with the entry page??

sknne :wip:

Big fan of this entry, really great art direction and I was sure early on it was going to be one of the winners. Hope to see more of your work in the future!

post effects are stunning. well done. very impressive.

really great entry!
I really enjoyed that

Guys, thanks a lot for the kind words and appreciation, makes me loosing this contest not so bitter anymore. :beer:
Anyway, I learned my lesson and I won’t make the same mistake again by participating at a contest held by CgTalk.

Cheers!

Don’t let it make you bitter dude.

Revel in the fact you have the victory of the people! :beer:

Yeah… you gotta remember the jury are people and their personal taste is going to play a role how they vote. It’s just bad luck, don’t let it stop you from future events…

Sorry I’m so late commenting. You really nailed the look of late 1950’s, early 1960’s sci-fi (of which I’m a huge fan)! Dang, you even got that flying saucer-on-a-string motion just right. Makes me want to get out the popcorn and beer, and settle in for the afternoon.

The real victory here? You made a lot of people smile, and that’s what the business is all about.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.