Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1 released.

Autodesk Maya 2014 Service Pack 1 is now available for download. Go get it folks!

What’s fixed.

Wasn’t this released a couple of weeks back?

Cheers,
Brian

Yeah it was. Kinda late, however, I don’t understand how something that was working fine in a previous release, such as:

MAYA-15751 - JPEG images now write out with the correct pixel aspect ratio.

can be broken in the following release if there hasn’t been any code changed for it, or around it, or even in the same untouched file.

(Maybe they did change something for Jpeg, but it’s just an example)

Poorly documented in the release notes: that was there for many years. it’s about playblast or saving from the render window, it’s not about render output.

You’re probably right. :slight_smile:

I’d love to know what the hell this thing is supposed to do when we have to try and download 2gb of files (multiple times for me at least), spend an hour uninstalling and installing Maya just to get 20 odd bug fixes. :shrug:

Problems at my work also… I hear we have to do a ‘full’ uninstall of Maya 2014 before installing this.

You heard right. This has always been the case with every service pack. For me the download failed once as well, which is also not surprising, since it has been the same with most AD releases. But the un-install, reinstall took less than 20 mins, so, all-in-all, still worth the upgrade.

David

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.