AutoDesk certified Maya course & its value

I am looking for an intense course in Maya that gives an indepth knowledge.

Arena Multimedia , Dilshuk Nagar, Hyderabad, India acquired ‘Auto Desk’ authorisation recently.

Please advise whether

i) the faculty will be specifically approved by AutoDesk

ii) Auto Desk themselves will give the certificate after completion of he course &

iii) how much such a certificate is valued by Anmation studios while recruiting for jobs with them

Certification is pretty worthless for recruiting unless you want to become a teacher.

Thanks for the advise beaker

Please advise as to whether,

AutoDesk evaluates the faculty of the training centre for their competence before giving

'AutoDesk Authorized Training Centre status’

Regards

Priya12

I concur. A certification just means you paid the money to sit through courses to have a peice of paper printed off in the end.

Hey, that sounds like college! :scream:

I have no idea, you should contact them and ask. Why does it matter?

I am looking for an intense course in Maya that gives an indepth knowledge.

Arena Multimedia , Dilshuk Nagar, Hyderabad, India acquired ‘Auto Desk’ authorisation recently.

Please advise whether

i) the faculty will be specifically approved by AutoDesk

ii) Auto Desk themselves will give the certificate after completion of he course &

iii) how much such a certificate is valued by Anmation studios while recruiting for jobs with them

Honestly certification adds upto nothin’ much…studios will hire a self taught individual if his demo reel is awesome enough…certification!..i have my certificates somewhere…but have never, ever been asked for them. Another point here is…studios want “artists”, who use a specific tool…be it Maya, Max, XSI…etc…so autodesk certifyin’ an institute proves the factulty there know the tools…but are they clueful enough to teach you the artistic skills an’ touch you need to impress a studio?..that you have to decide for your self…if your interested…do check out “Takshaa”…Bangalore. What i seen come out from there is Impressive.
Hope that was sufficient feed back.
cheers

Certification is also about giving some assurance to the student that the teacher is of a certain quality.

Back when i got my certification it was actually very very difficult to become certified there was quiet a tough test and that was only for introductory /mid level… I’m not sure if that is still the case.

yeah I remember our reseller got certified and it was a huge deal back then.

I have Power Animator certification. It was pretty easy.

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions/opinions

Thank you for suggesting Takshaa at Bangalore. Can anyone please opine regarding the quality of teaching at Takshaa

With Regards
Priya12

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.