Arcturus is the global software leader in the post-production and streaming of volumetric videos. With tools to edit, compress, and stream volumetric video at scale in today’s spatial era, Arcturus is revolutionizing the immersive content experience across a range of verticals, from viewing sports in holographic form, experiencing photorealistic virtual performances, engaging with interactive digital human assistants, and more immersive forms of social media and e-commerce where consumers can view and interact with products in 3D.
The company was founded by a team of innovators from Netflix, Pixar, Dreamworks, Google, Uber, and YouTube and has offices in California, USA and Nova Scotia, Canada.
Senior Product Designer
Following our recent funding round, we are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to be our first hands-on designer to craft easy-to-use and delightful product experiences to edit, deliver, and stream volumetric videos. This will be our first design hire, and we look forward to supporting you in setting the tone for design thinking, practice, and process at Arcturus.
In order to deliver the best user experience for our customers, you will have the vision of seeing the big picture on the macro side, while maintaining an incredible attention to detail on all of the minutiae. You’ll have a passion for building amazing, outlandish, and innovative products, grounded with data honoring our customers needs, balanced with what our world-class engineers can produce, while keeping things as easy to use as possible.
- Serve as our thought leader in the design of useful, and desirable products
- Define a UX strategy and create user-centered designs by working backwards from the customer, utilizing customer feedback, market analysis, and usability findings
- Use business requirements and market research to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of desktop applications such as HoloEdit and web-based applications such as HoloStream
- Present your solutions to design, product, engineering, and senior leadership. Synthesize and manage feedback to incorporate changes appropriately, and iterate the vision and design accordingly
- Continually iterate and evolve the way we design and learn from our customers
- Lead strategic design thinking across the team
- Experience working as an in-house designer to ship products and features
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience as a manager of interaction and visual designers and 3+ years in individual contributor roles, designing products and services across multiple platforms
- Experience collaborating with teams of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers throughout the design process
- Strong communication skills to describe issues and solutions to various audiences
- A mindset of collaborating and influencing others, regardless of title or level, to drive the company forward
- Excellent problem-solving skills and relentless attention to detail
- Exceptional project management skills with the ability to define, plan, and lead projects
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Sketch (or similar) to create user interfaces
- Portfolio highlighting multiple projects demonstrating user-centered design solutions with measurable outcomes (include online portfolio link with resume)
- Master’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction a plus, or a related field
- Experience designing tools in the media & entertainment, 3D graphics, visual effects, film and games industries are a plus.
- Enthusiastic team player happy to wear many hats, and excited about participating in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- Excellent user-centric design and product sense, with deep understanding and empathy for users
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong understanding of real time 3D concepts, product management, and software lifecycles
Special Consideration Given to those with
- Experience with cutting edge technology development
- Previous experience working in content software tools
Role is Remote based out of either California or Nova Scotia.
This role reports into the Chief Product Officer.
While initially a senior individual contributor role, the Senior Product Designer will be responsible to hire more designers as the company evolves.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in this position.