AR3 still can't get close to Vray in Exterior renderings?

I like AR3 a lot and i think is very good for any task… but the sky system with GI, is not even close to a vray sun light system in results… touching and retouching it can look good enouth, but in vray is almost instant the nice look of the sun and camera effects like the vignete, etc…

I know there shall be images to prove AR3 is good for exteriors too… i hope :wink:

Ok

Bet you feel better now you’ve got that off your chest… :applause:

Well Vray is at least twice the price of AR3 too. So you’d expect a little more bang for your buck!

Morph

Sure Vray is amazing and it should be for the price, but a lot of this is up to the artist. I have confidence in ar3 being able to hang with vray. It might take a bit more playing around with and setting up but you can achieve those type of renders with AR3.

So you’d expect a little more bang for your buck!

bang! :wink:

AR3 is slow :slight_smile:

AR3 sucks.

:rolleyes:

I use VRay and love it. However, there is a lot to be said for AR3. It can produce some great results. I recently did an animation using AR3 and I wouldn’t have considered using VRay because AR3 produces flicker-free GI pretty much straight out of the box. You can achieve this in VRay but believe me there is a hell of a lot more setting up and testing to be done.

For comparable results check out this site: http://amscenes.com/

AR3 is pretty close in my opinion.

At least AR bakes! still waiting in hope that VRAYforC4D will get it one day… ho humm :sad:

Mmmm… cake

Haha! Funny thread is funny.

If you know your workflow you could easily bump AR3 up to Vray spec image wise. It all depends on your view of things and how you approach certain problems.

goodness, how many times do we need to see threads like this??? different approach to same ends… that’s what i’ve concluded…

eesh.

Any proof for this? :slight_smile:

Use GI portals with Per-Pixel QMC (or just QMC) sampling and the physical sky setup becomes a powerful and quite flexible option.

“Use GI portals with Per-Pixel QMC (or just QMC) sampling and the physical sky setup becomes a powerful and quite flexible option.”

Any image to see? … that was the whole point of this post, not to discuss much, but more to see SOME IMAGE of AR3 in exterior renderings, the only image i see in this thread its a vray one :stuck_out_tongue:

To make it clear: We all love AR3, we just want to see some good exterior AR3 images because we know it can be as good as Vray :slight_smile:

The whole comparison thing has been done to death

Ironically, when Cinema 4D’s native engine was less capable than it is today, it still stood up to other engines that are geared more towards quick interior visualization.

AR needs a fair amount of tweaking to get it to behave like VRay, but its absolutely possible.

Mash: i’m tempted to let you turn this thread into a Labyrinth one.

dude look at neilv post…the link has scenes in it that are rendered in c4d and vray…lots of stuff there…

You have just 13 hours until this thread becomes mine forever!