Anybody going to SIGGRAPH?

It would be nice to meet some fellow Cinema 4d users. I have a few friends that use 3dmax but it seems that it is difficult to meet the cinema 4d peeps.

I got a free pass from Rafi. Although i am not sure what it is for. I need to talk to her again but she explained that it is for 3 days, and from the way her last email went it seems that those three days coincide with the 3 days that are open to the public anyways. Don’t know why i would need a pass then.

Anyone have experience at SIGGRAPH? I am new to it and would like to know the best things to attend.

Hope to see some of you there.

<<<I got a free pass from Rafi. Although i am not sure what it is for. I need to talk to her again but she explained that it is for 3 days, and from the way her last email went it seems that those three days coincide with the 3 days that are open to the public anyways. Don’t know why i would need a pass then.>>>

I figured out what this is all about. Not what i was expecting but i think i will still go.

The free pass gets you in on the product show floor, and gets you into the animation show room(s) (not the electronic theather).

There are a few other areas it gets you into. But if you want to see anything else then it will cost you.

I’ll be there for the 3 days of the show on the product floor.

Thanks Desdinova that’s what i thought it would do. Hope to see you there.

Hi…i’ll be there for the full show. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! I’m new on this site… This would be my second year attending to SIGGRAPH and I’m really excited about it. Last year’s was a fun and great experience for me since I’m just starting in this field. This year I’m taking the conference select since I don’t feel quite ready to take the full one. Well, I hope to make friends and share ideas here… are there any events or private parties that I should look out for??? Anyone???

EvilDiva

Woohoo. Hope i see you two there. I have posted a similar topic about the parties and such in the SIGGRAPH forum on the main page. Here is the reply: ----For user group meetings and parties, you sign online. Just check the other threads in this SIGGRAPH forum. You can alerady register for the Alias and SideFX ones, and for the Softimage one very soon (I would expect it by next week).

For the Chapters party, just go to the SIGGRAPH Chapters booth and ask for an invitation (which really is just a postcard or something saying where and when it is). It’s completely free. You might also see people giving out the invitations around SIGGRAPH, outside the ET. Usually takes place after the SIGGRAPH Reception on Wednesday (only available to Full registrants), but this year there is an afterparty sponsored by 3DTV.

Just checked, the Chapters Party will be on Monday August 9. Just be sure to get the invitation for time and place.-----

Hey for all you folks going to siggy this year I would like to request reports from you on this such as if Maxon says anything about version 9. Can we poor folks not going count on a report or two?

I’ve been toying with the idea of going but I haven’t made up my mind yet. I went to the New Orleans show a few years back and had a real nice time.

Honestly still not sure if I will be there again this year, Though I certainly do hope so.

To dfaris, dunno where you were last year but we were fairly active on cgtalk during the show, Rick and I both kept some updates about what was happening if I’m not mistaken. My biggest Issue last year was not having my own laptop, I had to post when I could get to the hotel intenet computer and such. It costs to keep you guys updated, but always want to try.

Not sure about maxon, but I should have a fairly big announcement I hope.

Is maxon this year at siggraph? :smiley:

Considering Maxon held a contest where the prize was a trip to siggraph to demo at the maxon booth, I’d say yes.

I talked to Rafi and she said she was going so i would assume that Maxon is going to be there also. In fact i think i specifically asked Rafi if Maxon and her was going to SIGGRAPH. I think the answer was yes. That was a few days ago.

Hi,
Maxon will be present on Siggraph 2004. You can find us at booth 901.
Cheers
Srek

Hello!

I’m glad that Maxon will be there!!! :smiley:
anyways… what will they showcase there? 3D Works made with C4D… or what? New technical concepts? New software versions? R9 :banghead: ?

Nah, some old shoe laces, an empty box, maybe a monkey? :wink:

Cheers
Srek

haaaa, s*** (auto-cencored) I can’t come to S.graph … too far but the real problem not enough money this year :banghead:… i was interested about this shoes laces and the monkey :bounce:

jdd

Well, a while ago they showed BodyPaint in the flesh. Then there’s mesh Surgery they will probably implement - also a very physical thing. I guess … yes, they’ll go for the inflatable frogs this year. Everyone visting the both this year will walk away with one inflated frog. The lucky ones will have the rare X-frog type.

(jeez, a vacation surely messes with ones brain)

Cheers,
BaRa

Nahh none of that, just showing off works made in truespace, an old cocept behind using three axis, and a new version of blender :wink:

what company at siggraph doesnt do one of the three things you mentioned?

Sweet! I haven’t upgraded Cinema since version 7, so I’m especially excited and will be waiting by my computer to read all about these . . . “shoelaces” come Siggraph time!