Another dumb question. What's the difference between auto switch and tweak mode?

They look they are doing the same to me.?

cheers

When you are in auto select mode,you have to click on an element to translate it.
Meaning you have to click it once,release the mouse,and then click and drag.
In tweak mode,just select the move or any other tool and click and drag an element.

Also,you cannot translate multiple elements in tweak mode as far as I can see.
Oh,and ring/edge and some other stuff won’t work in tweak either…
Had me a bit confused a couple of times :slight_smile:

Only thing I’m missing from C4D tweak mode that is in Wings3D is being able to tweak objects.
Oh,and the wings magnets are just…better integrated I guess…1 to enable and +/- to change the radius.
It’s nice tho…Modeling in C4D really got much more enjoyable with this release :slight_smile:

when ms is updated you will be able to use it’s tweak mode in r9, which also offers ms many soft selections/falloffs with the tweak, without changing modes and loosing the ability to make multiselections etc.

it seems in 9 when doing loop selections and using knife etc , if you are in isoline mode it reverts to the cage - will MS for 9 let you edit in isoline mode? - t’would be super if it could

Ring/edge select and some other tools temporarily turn off isoline display it seems.
Not sure what tools it applies to tho,so far I’ve only came across the selection tools.
[EDIT]
Per,as good as the magnet stuff in MS sounds,what’s going to make me break down and get it is superflange :slight_smile:
The vids just look awesome…just completely freakin awesome.
[/EDIT]

ms for 9 will not add any new features. it’s just an update so that it works with r9 correctly.

Thanks for clearing that up.

But I still can’t get the hang of what all the 3 different selection modes are for (normal (OK that I know), vertex painting and soft selection).

cheers

Vertex painting has been in there for some versions now. YOu can create vertex maps with it. Only Soft Selection is new. It will create a selection that is not restricted to selected yes or no but will allow to only partly modify elements that have been soft selected. Try it with the move tool. Use soft selection on several polygons from a amesh and then move them. Compare this to normal mode.
Cheers
Srek

OK Srek, I see how it works now. You have to move the selection to really see the influence of the soft selection. I thought I would immediately select only the parts you would tell it to select.

cheers

when ms is updated you will be able to use it’s tweak mode in r9, which also offers ms many soft selections/falloffs with the tweak, without changing modes and loosing the ability to make multiselections etc.

Great to hear MS will be updated for r9. The tool is still very much needed.

Cheers,

bunk

i hope in the future it will be updated to work with isolines though :slight_smile:

Is there a hotkey to switch between default/ auto select/ tweak? The return key and spacebar are some of the most heavilly used keys on my keyboard. It’d be great if I could easily switch between modes too. --thx.

Try Alt+Q / Alt+W and Alt+E
Cheers
Srek

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.