ANnouncing the Head Designer for Cinema 4d

Hi, as promised in my other thread I am ready to show the second one of my tools I will be soon releasing called Head Designer for producing any number of heads, including many animal mixes and a great number of looks and textures. Useful for both animating and for further sculpting and developing with Zbrush or Mudbox and the like.

You need Mocca to run this tool, or the CD Morph tools from Cactus Dan. Both morph systems are being suppported.

[img]http://www.labelleart.com/temp/Head_Designer.jpg[/img]

Links U Tube video demos,

[Head Designer 01](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aHGDlWnnDA)

[Head Designer 02](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1LFA1wCiQM)

[Head Designer 03, Material designer](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmx2wXg-9LM)

New Videos

Head Designer 04, working with Prsetes and Eyes

Head Designer 05, Lipsynching Targets

New Video

Head Designer , Animating paremeters

[](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmx2wXg-9LM)

This one ( Head Designer ) caught my attention several years ago
when you gave us a sneak peek.

Awaiting details when ready on all your splendid offerings :slight_smile:

Hey Jannis,

that looks really cool and as I said - it would catapult my workflow for character design and animation really forward.
One thing, that is very important for me and that I noticed:
at this moment, all the resulting characters looks nearly the same from the eye shape… - they look, as they are siblings :wink:
Will it be possible, to also have one or serveral sliders to make the eyes bigger, or older or rotate them or make them less look ‘tired’…?

Nevertheless: great job !

Serge

vid2k2

Thanks for your interest. I will let the community know soon details about release and prices. I would like to say though from the outset that I plan to make these tools effordable
so tha tmost poeple who would like them can have them without breaking the bank ;o)

Serge

There are several mixes I ddn’t show, especially the child mixes that I missed out that give you smoother younger looking faces. When I show some more of the tools I will try to add something regarding that.

Hi Jannis,

Cool I remember this one as well.
I’ve made an announcement on my site as well.

LINK

Peace,
Rich_Art. :thumbsup:

Thanks Rich, I appreciate that ;o)

These designer tools are really fantastic. I’m glad to hear you’ll be making them affordable.

Tell me there will be Mac versions! :wink:

Awesome work Jannis looking forward to all of your Designer tools. Look like huge time savers.

-Josh

No disrespect intended, but I find tools like this to be very gimmicky, going in the direction of repetition and automation. The manipulation of one single mesh as you see in toys like poser, has limited potential for unique creation.

Whether or not it’s possible, I’m not sure. But a topological mixing tool would be much more impressive to me, one that needn’t consider identical point count to operate. Throw in your morphing capabilities, two unique heads and the plugin takes care of the result.

[QUOTE=Jannis]vid2k2

Thanks for your interest. I will let the community know soon details about release and prices. I would like to say though from the outset that I plan to make these tools effordable
so tha tmost poeple who would like them can have them without breaking the bank ;o)

Many thanks :slight_smile:
Just a small request. Can you make it work with v9.6? Mac?
No problem if not do-able.

vid2k2

It will work with all versions that support Mocca’s new Morph tag, so am I correct to think that came out on version 10? And will work with every version that can use the CD Morph plugin and that I am sure goes further back than that, but I will ask Dan about it.

My tool uses either of those Morphing systems.

Both Mac and PC.

Great work Jannis.
I especially like the clean topology!
Can’t wait for the release

Cheers!

Great stuff!!! :beer:

Cool idea. I had been thinking of building something similar for myself just recently but man you’ve done it to the nth degree and put a lot of work into this. I think the ear needs some work, but otherwise looking good.

MJV,

The ear had to be somewhat simplified to get to the extreme animal shapes. My intention with this tool, and I think it should be understood by those who will be purchasing it, has always been as a tool for inventiveness, as a sculptor I wanted to create something with enough plasticity to take you to many directions. To this end I had to consider many things regarding the topology of the base shape including the shape of the ear, forehead, eyes and so on.

Hi Everyone,

I just added a couple of new videos on the first post of this thread demonstrating how to work and edit presets in the Head Designer and how to extract morph targets for the heads you create for lipsynching. I hope you find them interesting.

I am getting nearer to announcing the release of this tool. I think it would come out before the Walk Cycle Designer.

Just a last movie added on the thread start of animating the parameters of the Head Designer. Soon I would be announcing the release of this tool.

Thanks for staying in touch with this thread

Sweeeet!:beer: Huuuge time saver!

One thing tho. Doesn’t look like there’s any control for the tongue… Making “TH” or “L” expressions.:sad:

I noticed that this thread is really old. Was Head Designer ever released? It looked good, I liked the videos.

Indeed!
And even more so
The walk designer.

Kind regards, Robert