El Ranchito is currently looking for an Animation Supervisor to join us at our Madrid facility as soon as possible.
In collaboration with the VFX Producer and VFX Supervisor, you will be responsible for directing and maintaining the continuity of performance of all digital assets (characters or creatures, objects, etc…) on a project. This role requires in deep knowledge of the relevant technologies in the field of CG animation.
- Supervision of the assigned animation team on the project, providing artistic leadership.
- Collaborating with other Animation Supervisors and the Head of Department to improve the artists level and propose improvements related pipeline.
- Collaboration with Producers and VFX Supervisors in creating high quality animations.
- Directing and maintaining the continuity of performance of all digital characters, creatures and objects.
- Monitor the progress to ensure delivering results.
- Work closely with Modelling and Rigging departments.
- Creation of outstanding animation for graphics creatures and objects within a shot.
- Demonstrate a broad range of character animation skills. This includes a deep understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performance that supports both the characters and story goals of the show.
- Demonstrate total mastery of animation skills within a specific genre.
- Meet projects deadlines/milestones, as set by the production department.
- Actively participate in team/department meetings.
- 5 + years proven experience in a Supervisory role in Animation / VFX film industry.
- Understanding of the principles of animation, both character acting and full body.
- In deep knowledge of the relevant technologies in the field of CG animation.
- Expert Maya user.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently supervise a team.
- Understanding of rigging procedures is a plus.
- Previous experience mentoring and recruiting animation artists.
- Excellent organisational, communication and project management skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Fluent Spanish and English language skills, spoken and in writing.
- Eligible to work in Spain.
What can we offer you?
- El Ranchito Benefits: We offer you a Flexible Retribution System which adapts employee salaries to their personal needs, offering our employees the possibility of receiving part of one’s salary in restaurant vouchers, public transport, childcare, and/or private health insurance.
- El Ranchito gives you the opportunity to work on international and national projects for feature films and TV Series of different platforms such us Netflix, HBO, Apple TV, Disney+, etc. You can learn about some of our current projects in the “In Production” section of our website.
- We offer a competitive salary depending on the market rely and personal background, skills, and experience.
- An excellent work environment
- Team-building events
- Physiotherapy at the office for an exceptionally low price
- Last but not least, free coffee and fruit in our offices!
It is an amazing time to join El Ranchito because right now, as a part of the Pitch Black group, places us in a privileged position in the industry which no other VFX company from Spain has been in before. The Pitch Black Company, made up so far of Fuse FX, Rising Sun Pictures, Folks, and now, El Ranchito, has more than 1,400 employees worldwide, spread across the world, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Atlanta, Vancouver, Montreal, Toronto, Saguenay, Adelaide, Brisbane, Bogota, Madrid, and Barcelona. This a big step for a company like El Ranchito, which offers our employees new opportunities in internal promotion, resources, or mobility between offices in the future and, of course, more fabulous projects, if possible.
To apply for this job, please send us your application through the following link: