Animation Session 4: Juicebox Acting - March 21 > 28

Hi Everyone ,

This weeks animation session is about Juicebox Acting.

Now what is a Juicebox?

As seen in the picture below a juicebox is a small drink (a box) with a straw on the top (a cylinder).

The Challenge: The juicebox has to enter the scene from right , have a emotion change and react to something. In short your animation has to have a beginning a middle and an end. The juicebox HAS to have a emotion change , ie: happy to sad , sad to happy , tired to excited , etc. And the reason for that emotion change should be clear. (no jump in sadly than get happy all of a sudden for no reason and leave , we need to clearly see why the change occurs)

You have 200 frames , fixed camera angle , no textures , simple lighting. Your animation can be below 200 frames but CANNOT be
above 210 frames max , thats the challenge.

What the juicebox reacts is up to you , you can use an existing model , model something new , its all fine.

The juicebox has to be modelled and rigged by yourself for this session , which shouldnt take longer than 15 minutes , just create a box , create a 2 bone chain for the box and a 3 bone chain for the cylinder and you are set.

The box HAS to look like a box , no arms and legs on the box.

This session will go for one week instead of two.

I am looking forward to the entries.

Please post your WIP’s and questions in this thread for feedback and critique.

Cheers ,
Ali

Does the box have to be rigged with joints? Can I use blendshapes?

Dave

yes it needs to be joints , there is really no need for blendshapes in this anim. the box should not morph into anything else.

I’m in. I have a few ideas of what I am going to do.

oh man this sucks… you mean I can’t use any textures… I have this one I did… I can’t post the video but basically it invovles three boxes and once the fridge door closes the light comes on in the fridge and they all start to hang out with each other when all of sudden the here the kid coming for a sip of juice so the flip out and take off running scared…

Thanks
Rick

I’m in. :slight_smile:

Dave

Sorry rick prior entries are not accepted. please do a new entry if you wish to join.

its good excersize :wink:

can i Use some animation from this run though? I only ask because I am using the one i have on my reel and I beleve that it could help me for good feedback!!!

Sheep Factory…

“create a 2 bone chain for the box and a 3 bone chain for the cylinder”

Is that the required bone count or can we add more?

Originally posted by rickmann
can i Use some animation from this run though? I only ask because I am using the one i have on my reel and I beleve that it could help me for good feedback!!!

sure thats fine :slight_smile:

plus I have never entered this in anything before.

actaually nobody as seen it yet, here anyways,

thanks rick

Originally posted by scene215
[B]Sheep Factory…

“create a 2 bone chain for the box and a 3 bone chain for the cylinder”

Is that the required bone count or can we add more? [/B]

You can use as many as you want , but there really is no need for more than 2 bones in the box.

Count me in on this one!

This is just the kind of exercise I need to get me going onto bigger things.

Ok getting back to the exercise.
I am in.

Here is my box already rigged.

-R

what about sounds and music?

Originally posted by lukx
what about sounds and music?

no sound or music please. The emphasis here is animation. If your animation is great you can get the story across without sound or music.

This looks cool. I’m in!

I’m in…well I have an idea at least…

but providing I can fit this in between my school work I will get it done…

Hey, can we use two additional bones for the straw?

this sounds interesting~~
it will be a good exercise to animation~~
i will get it~~:bounce: