Animation Session 13 - Sound File - July 3 > August 3

Hi Guys ,

Time for the new Animation Session:
 [b]
 Animation Session 13 - Sound File - July 3 > August 3

[/b][color=Orange][color=SandyBrown]What to do: Attached is a sound file from the movie Back to the Future. Download that and animate your characters to it.

Rules: You have one month to finish the animation. Other then that anything goes in this session. 

You will need to submit the following milestones:

- Planning thumbnails

- Blocking

- Revision

- Final
  • Final submission needs to be quicktime sorenson or WMP cinepak encoded 640 x 480 movie file. Prior submissions can be of lower res to minimize file size.

Please create a thread like the following when you enter under the animation session forum:

[b]Your name - Animation Session 13 - Sound File

[/b][color=#fffffe]You can ask any questions you have about the session in this thread.

Soundclip:

[color=YellowGreen]“wait a minute…wait a minute…doc! are you telling me that you built a time machine out of a de lorean?”

Doc: " The way I see it , If you are gonna build a time machine into a car , why not do it with some style?"

Happy Animating!
-Ali
[/color][/color][/color][/color]

1- can I use standard rigs ou i must rig my own chars?
2- can you write exactly what is said in the sound? if I get something wrong, my animation will be ruined.

1)you can use prebuilt rigs , you do NOT have to model\rig new characters.

1. done , added to the main post.

does it have to be rendered and textured also?? or greyscale?

I don’t think you have to do anything Aceroner. But the more work you put into it, I’m sure the better it will be! This sounds like fun, let’s see what I can do.

Either one is fine , do not concern yourself with textures and rendering , this is a animation challenge. Once you finish the session you can go ahead and finish it by texturing and rendering but i recommend focusing on the animation for the duration.

this should produce some awesome animated pieces. I have some ideas, I’m not very good at the whole animation timing, so this will help me alot. :smiley:

I was waiting for another one :slight_smile: I’m just hoping ill have time to work on it, Good luck to everyone :thumbsup:

To me the dialogue sounds like “do it with some sytle”, but the word “with” is kinda breathless.

Is ANYONE aloud to take part in this…

of course :slight_smile:

Anyone yes, I’m even thinking of joining myself. :slight_smile:

Edit*
Btw, I think he says “Why not do it with some style?!”

Cool Im going to give it a go…looking forward to seeing everones…

edit
I notice people are posting there names in the previous thread…whats that about

what thread

http://cgtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=135

In that forum?

Please create a thread like the following when you enter under the animation session forum:

Your name - Animation Session 13 - Sound File

What happens if you animate straight ahead?

Personally I don’t tend to do thumbnails or blocking. I mean i’ll plan, but not in that way, then when it gets to the computer I just animate and if there’s a problem I fix it or I start fresh. It seems a little unfair to have to conform to that workflow.

Thoughts?

hi,

if i got ali right, then its basically the same like the 10 Second Club. right?

I think the end of this is wrong. Doc says “Why not do it with some style?”. I haven’t looked at a script but that’s what I’m thinking he says. Oh and count me in on this. I’ll see if I can do it on some off time. WOO HOO!

|Benno

Thats the way every professional animator works and thats what this session is about. If you want to join you have to follow the rules.