Animation: Ice Egg

Hi all,

Here’s a little animation I’m been doing lately. It’s a homage to a certain CG character of a certain CG movie. Watch and find out for yourself!

http://www.danielnygren.com/iceegg.mpg

File size ~12 mbs, I hope you like it.
If the server is too slow, my friend pchan has also kindly mirrored the file at his site: http://pchan.cgworks.com/daniel/iceegg.mpeg

Have fun!

Regards,
Daniel

Very funny and well done!!
Great Job:thumbsup:

hehehe … :smiley:

nice job !!

Haha, well done indeed.

You captured the camera shots pretty well comparing the original.
Great sound FX by the way.

Cheers. :smiley:

Very Nice…Nice chicken!!!

Ezz

Well done lad! You know I like it. Lets hope the mirror holds up :wink:

HAHAH

that’s great!:thumbsup:

Wonderful job. Definately had me and my students laughing. Can’t wait to see some more spoofs coming from you. You got it down pat.
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

:bounce: Bravo:beer:
After a completely mentally draining day, which is only half over for me, this made up for it. The look and feel made it seem like it should be something we would expect to see during the ahh, un-named movies closing credits.
GOOD JOB.
Are you guys working on any other spoofs?

Very very nice…
reminds me of the Chicken Run

probably 'couse of the chicken involved :wip:

that was very well made. it captures the feel of the Ice Age movie very well. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:love: Moroten, I Lllllllllllllllllllllove it :love:

Great job! Very good Animation! :thumbsup:

Hope to see more soon!!! :wink:

Thanks for all the nice comments, people! Currently I’m thinking of my next short, I got some pretty nice ideas, but they better be practically feasible too, resourcewise. I’m just a guy with a PC (and some valuable friends!) and I’m not too keen on giving up my social life for a backbreaking, overly complex short.
‘Ice Egg’ is a good example of a feasible short, made just by myself, in a relatively small amount of time: one character, one prop, one gag. And judging by your comments, it seems to be working.

Once again, thank you so much for your kind support, you’re making it all worthwhile.

-Daniel

It’s a cute spoof :slight_smile:
Some of the timing could have been better, but it did it’s job well. Nice going.
:thumbsup:

I really like it. Especially the way you mimicked the environmental effects and stuff.

Just one thing (said in your best Columbo voice), where/how did you come up with the character design? The reason I ask is because there are elements that are virtually identical to a project a friend and I are working on. Particularily the tail feathers.
I was just wondering out of interest if your inspiration was the same as mine?

I guess chickens are in vogue right now… :shrug:

Quick render:

Man this is a really impressive jog…

nice modeling…

I must say, the animation in your spoof is quite well done. I only have one complaint which is he doesn’t blink enough. When he looks down, he’s changing focus. Anytime you change focus, you generally blink. Also, when you turn your head side to side, you blink. If you didn’t, you’d probably get dizzy. But small nitpicking. Excellent work! :applause:

Keep it up!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

terrific!

Moroten - Superb!

I really enjoyed this piece, especially the sniffing motion the chicken does while his eyes shift around. Very unique and well done.

The little subtle things like the the increasing cracks in the egg and the sniffing make all the difference.

-D. Phoenix