Animating hands only

Hello.

I have a MotionBuilder / 3ds MAX related question. I would like to animate a hand model I have in MAX. It is just a hand rigged with bones (not a biped). Is it possible to animate it using a motion capture BVH file (also hand only)?
I can send it to MB but I don’t know if there is a way to work around the characterization process - it’s a hand skeleton only without bones required for MB characterization.

Also - is it possible to animate a biped using a BVH file which has only hand animation? I was able to do this by loading this file into MB and attaching it to one of the template characters’ skeleton (instead of its original hand). Then I loaded a biped model from MAX, characterized it and animated with my prepared character.
Is there an easier way? Or do I need to have a full character defined in MAX and in my BVH file?

Thanks!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.