Anatomy Studies and Demos by Gist

Incredible work! Thanks very much for sharing!! :slight_smile:

I think I’ll gush along with the rest - guh!

In the week to week life of an artist there are peaks and valleys. I am not sure this week was a valley, but I know it wasn’t a peak. Anyway here is an update.

Hi Gist

sign me up for the fan club too, really awesome work :thumbsup:

Mark

Wow, this is inspirational,… keep posting !

WOW! Thanks for the posts, it’s really setting up a benchmark for me.

your valley is my Everest… :slight_smile:

FateBringer-Thanks, that is very flattering

Neomax-I will try, we are on break between semesters right now, but there is a little something below. They are my wife’s paintings, when I lack work of my own to post I will post some of hers.

theflash-I am glad to be of help

Agostinuke-Very flattering, but as you can see by the work below I have a studio mate that is hard to match.

Neomax-I will try, we are on break between semesters right now, but there is a little something below. They are my wife’s paintings, when I lack work of my own to post I will post some of hers.

I’m waiting for your break to get over ! :smiley:
Seriously, your work has been inspirational for a newbie like me.
I’ve learned a lot of things from your work.
I love the way you balance those poses, with that rhythm of the line…it’s just awesome!

Btw, must say, you are lucky to have a great painter as your wife! Great work!:applause:
Keep Posting.

Hi…Erik …:slight_smile:

Very impressive work, and also very inspiring…GREAT THREAD…:thumbsup:
HOPE TO SEE LOTS MORE IN HERE…KEEP INSPIRED, AND INSPIRING…:bounce: :slight_smile:

TAKE CARE
Glenn

Oh mine those are gorgeous paintings. Thanks for sharing.

darn! why haven’t i seen this thread before…?!?
those studies are amazing. absolutely amazing.
very inspirational.

-r

It was very nice to visit Watts the other day, and it’s too bad we didn’t get the opportunity to see Meadow’s work as well - I had seen her portraits on Watts’ site, and would have liked to have seen the paintings in person. :slight_smile:

Neomax-You and I both on all accounts

SpiritDreamer-More to come, classes startup again next week

theflash-I will let her know

rasmusW-Thank you

Rebeccak-It was great having you and Esmeralda come and visit, if you don’t end up coming down before then Meadow is having a show in the spring I will make sure you get an invite.

I find work like your very inspiring… and I intend to keep practicing my drawing skills
as I have been doing!! After class tonite!

Thanks for the inspiration!

:slight_smile:

Hi Erik, these are wonderful paintings; i like the atmosphere in them. I also want to thank you for the pdf tutorial you dropped in one of the sketchbooks here. Keep posting!

Thanks again everyone. The PDF of my figure tutorial is now in my signature.
I alsowanted to let anyone who is going to San Diego Comic-Con know that Watts Atelier will have a booth and that booths number is 5465

We will also be doing two demos

Oil Painting
Instructor: Jeffrey R. Watts
Time: Fri 2:30-4:00
Room: TBA

Drawing from Life
Instructor: Jeffrey R. Watts & Erik M. Gist
Time: Sat 2:30-4:00
Room: TBA

Beautiful work.

Anyone that is going to be at Comic-Con, the demonstrations are on my must see list every year. Even if the information sounds familiar every year, it is always a thrill to see a master artist work in front of me. See you again at Comic-Con.

Thanx a ton for the PDF.
Btw, could you please guide us a lil more on adding light and shading to the sketch?

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.