Anatomy Lesson Series: Body Part 2 - The Torso

Rebecca, thanks for the analysis. I definitely learned tons from joining the workshop and appreciated it quite a lot. And esp. thanks for an extra art history class! I though my friends’ comments were reasonable, but only partially correct. I thank you for bringing up a more thorough perspective of why and how. Thanks agian a thousand times.

Hey vanlicht,

No problem! :slight_smile: I think doing master copies can help all artists to improve. Having said that, it’s not to the exclusion of other types of work. Master Copies are a big focus here in large part because A.) it’s a great, time honored way to learn the figure and B.) it works well in an internet based, forum format. Life drawing is really important, definitely! But it’s hard to work on Life Drawings as a group through the 'net. :smiley:

It’s great to have your participation in the workshop, and I don’t think I mentioned, but your last piece turned out beautifully. :slight_smile:

razz-thank you
I paint no color now
update one:wavey:

Keep going HuiTzu! Great monochromatic paintings!

I think I haven’t showed this one here.

This is one of WOW threads for me. Wanted to say thanks to all esp rebeccak (you are amazing in organizing whole section and coming up with great workshops).

I can now clearly see many thing in everybody’s drawings. Forms etc. and getting really clear ideas when I see everybody’s work.

I could not participate, but I will save all of the torso and will start now.

Again thanks! (a big one)

Big update for me, I’m pretty sure this puts me at only 20 but I have a few more lying around somwhere as well.

Ref in order from top to bottom:

28, # 45, #74 (left), # 74 (right), # 84, # 86, # 90

Glad to see that some people are continuing with all 50. Keep up the great work.

Here is few of mine. All done with OpenCanvas.
If someone wants, I might also put those events files here.

011:
            MICHELANGELO Buonarroti
            David

033:
            MICHELANGELO Buonarroti
            Slave (dying)
[img]http://koti.mbnet.fi/sazem/daily/anatomy/033_Slave_sazem04.jpg[/img]

094:
          LEONARDO da Vinci
          Leda

020:
          MICHELANGELO Buonarroti
          Ignudo

041:
            MICHELANGELO Buonarroti
            Twilight

update
:slight_smile:

Hey, HuiTzu, amazing last study. One thing that I can crit it the head, which looks a little too small and a bit childish. Other than that, awesome!
Will you be doing any more of these?

just dont let it get to be mannerismish.

Thanked you for your criticism, I drew another one yesterday .
my head draw is not very good .:sad:

HuiTzu,

I’m a big fan of your style and sensibility, that’s really gorgeous! Keep it coming! :slight_smile:

HuiTzu, it will come in practise, and that’s what you’re doing here. Great to see you still working on these,makes me want to make a study or two too. Maybe I will.
I like how clean your studies look. And as Rebecca said, keep it coming! :thumbsup:

I’m waaaayyyy far behind!! But I plan on finishing these all eventually.

I forgot to write down the numbers, but they’re both Michelangelo.

Hello, hello? Is this thing on?

Still trying:

The inset shows the approximate size of the original (which is in NYC, btw.)

HuiTzu wow! I have to agree with Rebeccak - amazing style!

Lastest one; Rebecca has gone an’ started a new challenge . . .

Hopefully I can do this.Ill post it later.

I look forward to seeing your work!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.