an effective method of creating head on beer?

hi can anyone help me with this problem, i need to create a realistic looking head on the inside of a beer glass… also for it to be kind of smeared up the sides from where it has been drank.

would it be possible to use particles for this? or am i going to have to spend hours trying to create a texture and have less effective end results?

thanks for any tips

-kass

particles if your going to be close to the glass of bear and if you need it super realistic.

but a nice mesh with a nice texture should do it. use some bump and displacement maps and you should be fine. might want to use a raytraced material so you can get a nice see through materail working. also, a couple falloff maps in the opactiy will help with the effect.

umm, i have some Guinness in the frig if you need some, umm, photo samples.

hehe i have stella in the fridge too, but go ahead and give me some samples anyway … its all in the name of getting drunk… oops i mean erm making photo realistic models :stuck_out_tongue:

whats the best way to go with particles?

thanks for your reply

-kass

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.