ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: emmanuel shiu

emmanuel shiu has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

my concept sketch for alian world

The rest of us might as well just go home now:eek:
Awesome start. i hope you can pull it off in time. Great use of colors and contrast.
Matt

Whether or not you pull off the 3D version, one thing’s for certain: you’ve got world-class painting skills. That’s an absolutely stunning piece of work! Wow!

So are you the same Emmanuel Shiu who won a Big Kahuna award from 3D World back in 2000? If so, I greatly look forward to seeing your progress in the contest; you not only have great 2D skills, but masterful 3D skills as well. :slight_smile:

i do appreciate all your kind words…I’m still contemplateing on whether or not to finish this in a 3d form. I’m asking myself whether it would be time efficient for me to go throught the whole process of doing the 3d thing when, in realit, I would matte paint it and camera project it anyways…I just don’t wanna do redudant work as that time would be very beneficial to be me(I could do more concepts!)

Coincidentally, I posted this painting here and in the 2d fourm, but the latter seems to be completely lacking in response…Have you guys been finding the 2d forums to be prety quiet?

Originally posted by eshiu
…Have you guys been finding the 2d forums to be prety quiet?

Everybody seems to ignore you unless you do work in a certain style or subject matter. Especially if you’re new.

Btw, very nice concept piece, if a bit murky. :slight_smile:

Amazing Image. I often look at the 2d and 3d galleries, but don’t usually have time to comment.

A realy great piece of art. Keep the good work up, this looks more than promissing!

…Have you guys been finding the 2d forums to be prety quiet?

Well post any kinda cute girl and looks rise atronomical, answers is another thing.

I don’t exactly know but I think this was meant to be a 3d challenge in general, It’s sure gonna be a match to build this, but if your 3d skills are as high as your 2d skills, you gonna give this challenge a really high (if not unreachable) level, and I can’t wait to see you bring to life!

Keep on rockin’ and keep on make me go wow!:buttrock:
Have a happy New Year!

Originally posted by shanesemler
[B]Everybody seems to ignore you unless you do work in a certain style or subject matter. Especially if you’re new.

Btw, very nice concept piece, if a bit murky. :slight_smile: [/B]

Thanks for the rply…I guess my work isn’t exactly the style that the forum likes or is used to…oh well!

This is realy so amazing and brilliant sketch artist, i like vastness, lighting contr… ohh well all of it…

keep up looking forward to see 3d.:thumbsup:

happy new year

i saw this post on the 2d forums…It’s a shame that nobody really seems to care to comment on this and other 2d environments…what a shame…I think 3d people could learn alot form 2d guys and vice versa. To me this image deserve a plug…but oh well…Keep up the good work!

Really moody, I hope you can convert it to 3D, I’d love to see a push in on the model.

I’d be interested to see some foreground as well, just so it gives a clearer sense of what the landscape is made from.

Cheers,

Steve

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.