ALIENWARE Challenge Entry: Ciampossin Daniel

Ciampossin Daniel has entered the ALIENWARE Challenge.

Sorry, but I’m french and I speak English very bad…
I beginnig this work the 01/06/04 and I don’t find the time to make a sketch.

In this work, I have trying to combinate organics and mecanics forms, the all in a strange cage…like a closing world.

Sorry again for my English. ;O)

Sorry, but I’m french and I speak English very bad…
I beginnig this work the 01/06/04 and I don’t find the time to make a sketch.

In this work, I have trying to combinate organics and mecanics forms, the all in a strange cage…like a closing world.

Sorry again for my English. ;O)

I have add a liquid (acide/lava) on floor and some of tentacules…

:shrug: Hello…“IS ANYONE THERE ?”
I wait for critics about my work, because I begin latter (01/08/04) and not the (01/06/04) and without critics, I forward in dark and I don’t see if my work are interesting or not.

:shrug: “eho”…I’m here…:shrug:

-Pipe around world
-Compressor
-Liquid

Originally posted by D!D
[B]

I have add a liquid (acide/lava) on floor and some of tentacules… [/B]

Hey this is a very unique interpretation of the competition. I like the viewpoint in your last image with the background. The pipe going through the cage is a nice touch. Can’t wait to see it with textures. I like the swirled background a lot. :thumbsup:

I’ve totally change my models but principal idea stay same…

Previous renders help me to not do the same error.

I’ve change all object…

Texture are not definitive…
It’s just a test for see

the texture are procedurales (lightwave)…
I’ve combine two textures for floor and one (style gold) for the blocs

My new test for pipe mapping.
I like it, but I must to detail it again…combining surfaces for an original result ;O)

D!D

Hey man, you are making some really nice progress here! I would love to see the origial 2d Concept art 2 get an idea of the final 'feel of your image, but from what I can see, its definately going 2 be a strong piece!

OK! Onto the crit (although I dont think im qualified 2 crit-but i can give you an ‘everymans’ perspective).

I like the idea of a ‘caged’ world, especially because you can get some really nice looking perspective. If you have ever read RAMA by arthur c clark, he describes a sort of ‘caged world’, and you really get a feeling of awe.

I would move the camera a little bit more 2 the side, to make the shot more interesting than just looking from the middle.

I think that your texturing tests are a little bit dark, but thats nothing major, and im sure would be fixed in the final piece.

Ill keep checking back here and will be watching your work very eagerly!

Thanks Pyke !

I’m very happy but normaly, nobody write me a critics and here I take yours very seriously (I’m gone to your W.I.P) and I’ve can see that your work is really nice :beer:

First lighting test with Tron glow style.

Render in wireframe.

:shrug: :wavey: :rolleyes: :cry:

Fur application on tentaculs and glow retouch; but where is Chewbaca !?

:rolleyes: I’m alone…in the dark