Alien Vs Predator - Face Off CLIP!

WHHAAA! Boone I would have expected better from you. We all know that the Alien was good in the first one but Stan Winston came in and perfected the creature. Alex Gillis can suck it (alien effects for 3 and 4) makeing them all gooey and just slimy looking foam crap. Stan gave them that more biomechanical feel. Plus he designed the queen and we know how bad ass she was. No…no one stands to the effects of Aliens…the scene when all those aliens were crawling up in the celling ducts…Stan is the man!

You broke the internet!

You could try downloading http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/avp/avp-clip-faceoff_480.mov :slight_smile:

The alien looks like this guy --> :drool: . Maybe a tad too much drool.

Agreed. Some of the designs for this movie look cool, but damn . . . what akward editing.

Re: DannyDreams.

The creatures by Stan Winston for Aliens were indeed fine works of art, but the first film had an elegant and stream-lined figure. It actually scared me! The creatures in Aliens looked more “Cannon Fodder”…I simply feel that something important was taken away from the work done by Carlos Rambaldi. The Alien Queen though, was a technical masterpiece, but like the drones - she didn’t have that aura of terror…though I wouldn’t want to meet her in a Dark Alley!!! :eek:

I actually like the creature in Alien3 due to the Dog-Burster sequence. A fantastic shot of the newly “hatched” Alien, wet and shivering was simply a series classic moment. Most of Alien3 could have been tightened up a bit more, and the so-called “go-motion” was a little…disappointing. I personally would have done some ****ing excellent stop-motion shadows of the Alien on full miniture sets - not simply composited in on blue-screen. Stop-mo can be a pain in the ass to execute, but it’s jerky movements and complete stillness of the enviroment can really play on the mind. In the right situation, of course…

For Alien3, there was so many possiblities. Shame. :hmm:

Have you seen the director’s cut of Alien 3? I think it’s mostly a better film. The hatchling is carried by an ox instead of a dog. The shot of it scampering away is the same.

The cheesy shot with Ripley’s chestburster at the very end is removed as well.

Re: Balistic.

Yeah, I hear Alien3 was “butchered by the executives”…that alot of vital and powerful scenes were removed.

I wanna see the Director’s cut, too! :cry:

I wonder if this movie is going to get killed by special effects. In the predator movie you don’t even see the guy untill halfway through and then sporadically after that, and the aliens movies are all about tension. Sometimes it’s what you don’t see that makes the effect work, if i am looking at an alien the entire movie it won’t have the same impact.

I am going to see it, and probably like it, but I don’t think the story will hold up as well as the originals.

Aliens had some terrifiying moments. When the soldiers were down in the hive and the aliens began to come out of the wall and how cool the blended into the nest. That gave me goose bumps. Not trying to take the horror from the first one because that was what it was…mostly horror than sci-fi. Aliens had more action and more fury than the first one. I just love the design of Stan Winston’s Warrior Alien and the Queen Alien. To me that will be the way I will remember them as.

Sorry but I like the look below that Stan Winston did, the ridges on the head, the feel of almost biomechanical (they did have acid for blood, makes scence they almost a machine feel).

Re: DannyDreams.

SILLY SOD - STOP SAYING SORRY!!! :wip:

You don’t have to be sorry for appreciating something! Its simply a case of “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”… :wise:

I was completely fooled by the miniture work on the Ripley vs Queen fight sequence. It was only when I viewed the photo-gallery on the DVD special edition, that I knew about it. Bloody good stuff!

It DID look pretty cool, but I have one small problem (and it’s not with the tail).

THE MOVIE IS PG13. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!!?! I remember back in the day when you would be dead within seconds of SEEING one, and in a very bloody and cool way. Now you can be sure you won’t see any of the cool blood and gore from the originals. And to me, an alien flick without blood and gore is like watching an edited-for-cable movie. It seems like they toned it down to get more (and younger) moviegoers to see it.

Shame on you, movie people. SHAME.

Yes, because we all know a movie can’t be good without gore :rolleyes:

In the predator movie you don’t even see the guy untill halfway through and then sporadically after that, and the aliens movies are all about tension. Sometimes it’s what you don’t see that makes the effect work, if i am looking at an alien the entire movie it won’t have the same impact.

That’s true. But this isn’t a horror film, it’s an action monster movie. We’ve already seen the creatures a million times over. It’s hardly likely we’ll be surprised…

PG13?!? Dammit!! That suck! Unless the censor-people are splatter-fans. But I think not.
:slight_smile:

VFX and lack-of-Gore will kill this movie.

Paul Anderson is good at sneaking in blood and gore, sides, Aliens bleed acid, and I’ve already seen scenes of them getting they’re heads put through spears, and aliens bleeding, and preds bleeding, and of course the aliens are gonna have a good ol’ bursty time on those humans in that chamber. Besides, lots of movies with PG-13 ratings now would’ve been R movies 10 years ago, so I bet they’ll be plenty of gore. And yes, I was pissed off when I saw the PG-13 rating and went the website in disbelief, and now I probably have to be in a theater with a buncha 13 year old douche bags just so they can make an extra $5 million, but I hope its worth it.

I swear the director was supposed to be a life long fan of predator and alien? Watching an interview with him he was saying he has seen them countless times…surely if he is as big a fan as he says he is, he will kno what aspects of the originals made them good and hopefully not ruin the series. Tho i cnt picture an Aliens or Predator movie being a PG - 13 whats going on there?? Guess I will have to jus wait and see before i go and criticise it!:shrug:

I’m not to worried about the pg13 rating. Its been awhile since I’ve watched any predator or alien movie but I don’t remember them being to gruesome. Even seeing the aliens burst out of a chest doesn’t seem warranting of a r rating. I think the other movies probably got the r because of language.

Well Joss Wheadon said he was a huge fan of the Aliens movies and he went on to write Alien 4 and we all know what a pile of crap that was. Just cause they are fans doesn’t mean they know whats best for the series.

im dreading this movie. the preds look wrong, theyre too fat! in predator, the predator shoots at dutch hanging from a tree. if one of these guys did it, the tree would fall over. also, the aliens are too slimy. how do they constantly keep themselvs covered in ooze?

orion119net:how do they constantly keep themselvs covered in ooze?

Well Orion if you would have payed attention in biology class when they were on the chapter “Xenomorphs and other Alien lifeforms” you would know that they have slime glands all over there body to produce slime, this helps the director on making the creature look more scary.

Who knows and who cares!!! You shouldn’t ask these questions, your reading a little too much into it.

Well Joss Wheadon said he was a huge fan of the Aliens movies and he went on to write Alien 4 and we all know what a pile of crap that was. Just cause they are fans doesn’t mean they know whats best for the series.

That’s not entirely fair seeing as how he didn’t like the fourth movie all that much once it was released anyways. I’ve seen bits of his original script, and it wasn’t recognizeable as the fourth movie. VERY heavily rewritten.