Alice in Wonderland-Madhatter, Michael Kutsche (2D)

Title: Alice in Wonderland-Madhatter
Name: Michael Kutsche
Software: Painter, Photoshop

This is one of the early Madhatter concepts I did for Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland”.
I did the drawing before Johnny Depp was cast in the role, that’s why there’s no similarity.
All done in PainterX and PhotoshopCS3.

:buttrock: THIS IS AMAZING! I LOVE IT SO SO MUCH!:bounce:

Yeah. excellent work as usual. Your lighting is always fantastic! Also, I defiantly like this Mad Hatter more than the Depp version…

Wow! Simply stunning. The lighting is just gorgeous. I really can’t wait to see this movie either.

This Hatter has a creepy sophistication to him… really nice. Maybe it’s the 'stache.

this is quite impressive. The image very much looks like it was rendered in 3D, particularly the face. There quite a phenomnal amount of detail on the jacket and face as well.

Fantastic Michael! So much character conveyed here. Another great piece!

awesome!!very slick looking piece:thumbsup:

stunning job mate…:thumbsup:.

Another Masterpiece, man! I love the facial expression, and the technique, and the light, and the concept… Congrats again! :beer:

As usual, it’s flawless :slight_smile:

Wow perfect. Very nice. :thumbsup: :applause:

Just perfect!

wow… very nice details painting.
I like all in this image. is very perfect.

Heh, very cool. I love the steampunk vibe you’ve given him. I’m expecting to see a bit of Alice-inspired artwork appearing in the galleries now that the film is due out, but it’s particularly cool to see an actual concept piece from the film preproduction itself. I really agree with an earlier post here that this looks a lot like a 3D model - you’ve really captured a nice sense of dimension.

Great job Michael !
Congrats !

Genau mein Ding!

No words!Congratz man!

Great work as always :applause:

If the hatter looked like this instead of the abortion that it is, I might want to see the movie :smiley: