Afterburn/particles question

I have a scenario where i have afterburn particles colliding with a ceiling. The problem is that the afterburn spheres are to big; they are colliding with the ceiling, but they also poke through and creates an unrealistic look. I have been using a template copy of the ceiling pushed down in Y to create the illusion that they are colliding at the right place, but again it is kinda a lame workaround and was wondering if maybe there is a way to offset the pivot of Afterburn particles or particles in general. I don’t want to have to change the size of the particles because it will throw off the nice look I have going… So is there a workaround for this

Thanks

sometimes you just gatta hammer it out…

well that is kinda what the template copy is for just hammering it out…but really looking to find a more technical solution to the problem…maybe learn something new about using Max particles.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.