Aegis:2375 - A Collaborative Science Fiction Project

I think crashed space ships would have to be my thing, high detail or will they be in the background?

They can be as detailed as you like :). In the trailer the hoverships are moving towards one big crashed ship. If your ship is really detailed we can make it a very important prop in the trailer. But, if you want to do some lower detail stuff then we can place it anywhere around in the desert :D. So it is up to you really. Do you want some concept sketches, or references, or maybe even a base mesh I was working on? Or would you rather put your own inspiration and style into it, and create something yourself?

I actually have a workshop at the Blender headquarter in Amsterdam this friday :D. Hope to learn some interesting things :).

Hey is this the kinda thing your looking for ive been workin on it for a couple of days and the body is almost unwrapped (its obviously not finished yet) it seems to be to small to be the main one in the trailer but what do you think? does it make the cut? i can post update aswell if you want?

Some concepts would be really healpfull and a base mesh would be wonderfull, but i think it would have to be either a .blend file or .obj

The project is gone for nearly 1,5 years.i understand that it is very hard to do a sci-fi movie.also perhaps ther r lotsa give ups in this time.

Man I’m jealous as about that. Say hi from Sonix for me. :smiley:

Aids mate, you’ll need to get authorisation for us to use the design in AEGIS, from the concept artist. I know he’s given you permission to model it, but you will need authorisation to use it in the project.

Sonix.

Hey DogmaD and everyone else well I can’t find my Aegis folder with the models but I have some ones that were wips and weren’t in that folder, basically the rhino (could be used for a crashed ship, smg, and shotgun I will continue to look for the folder I don’t know what happened to it. Stupid 120gig hard drive keep losing things. The two guns are on the ground pretty much actual size.

O yea Aids if you really want to work on the project may I suggest looking over this entire thread, like all the concept work. This will help you get a feel for the technology, cause your engines and stuff are way off.

The project is gone for nearly 1,5 years.i understand that it is very hard to do a sci-fi movie.also perhaps ther r lotsa give ups in this time.

Yep, that is the way of almost any collab. People will come and go. But we have got a lot of material at this point to put together something nice, and it is not like we are in a rush or anything :D.

Hey DogmaD and everyone else well I can’t find my Aegis folder with the models but I have some ones that were wips and weren’t in that folder, basically the rhino (could be used for a crashed ship, smg, and shotgun I will continue to look for the folder I don’t know what happened to it. Stupid 120gig hard drive keep losing things. The two guns are on the ground pretty much actual size.

CAC12, could you mail me those models? Just send them to v.legerstee@tangrin.com. Then I will place them in the right ftp folders and stuff ;). Thanks! The guns look very nice by the way, great job! You will a 100% sure see those back in the trailer :D.

Hey is this the kinda thing your looking for ive been workin on it for a couple of days and the body is almost unwrapped (its obviously not finished yet) it seems to be to small to be the main one in the trailer but what do you think? does it make the cut? i can post update aswell if you want?

Like CAC12 said, it does not really fit in the Aegis universe. But I like the way you model, it looks very clean. The ship is too small to be used on the planet, because there are only these huge spaceships there that have crashed there for unspecified reasons ;). Just send me a pm with your email address, then I will send you a base mesh that needs further detailing in the obj format. You can see if you like to work on it after I have send it to you ;).

ok thanks man ive sent you a PM

hey guys i dont meen to be impatient but could you mail those meshes?

hello guys,

Great work as usual Victor, CAC nice job there :arteest:

Hi Aids nice to see a fresh face :slight_smile:

I really should do some more storyboarding, But my work keeps getting in the way…will try and make an effort this weekend.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark ! Yeah, I am too busy too to do anything on Aegis :(. Really annoying.

Hi Everyone,

I want to inform everyone that I won’t have the time anymore to work on Aegis. I am almost done with university and now I feel that it is time to put my shoulders under it, and do the things I really want to do with my life. Aegis has always been Dene’s dream, and I simply have some dreams of my own that I now want to spend all my time on pursuing.

I want to thank everyone I have worked with. I can honestly say that I learned a great deal from all of you. Even though I won’t be here to see Aegis through to the end, I can say that for me Aegis was a success. Because I have met some great people, who have tought me a lot, not only about concept art, modelling, lighting, and what not. But also about communicating, planning, and teamwork. I will certainly stay in touch with them, because they are great guys to work with ;).

Anyway, I have never been good at this writing stuff, so I will keep it short :). I certainly don’t want this to be the end of Aegis. So I was wondering if there is anyone interested in taking over leadership?

[left]very cool so far. keep up the development.
[/left]

Hiya Victor,
I am glad we got to work together and I am sure you will do well in the future. You have much to offer any company that may take you on. I truely hope we work together again because you are a good team player and good friend. Please keep in contact and keep me posted with what you end up doing. GoodLuck.
Cheers
Mark

Dogma- E5 said most of what I was thinking.You have broad and high level of skills- from programming to modelling and texturing. If you do ever end up in the game industry as a programmer, the artists will love you cause you can think like they do and not just as a tech head, number crunching programmer. :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your contributions to the collab community in your taking over lead on AEGIS and also contributing to shirowproject as well. You have made a BIG impact and will be remembered! :buttrock:

PS: Do hope to still work with you when you get some down time or get an itch for a bit of collab work again :slight_smile:

Thank you for the kind words guys :D. Well, I could fill pages about what I am planning to do next, but I will keep it short. I am working on a gameproject at the moment, and in it I use all the lessons I have learned from Aegis and Shirowproject about collaboration management. The most interesting thing for you guys to know is that offcourse I will keep in touch, and offcourse I will help with Shirowproject and Aegis where and when ever I can as long as people are willing to continue.

Once I have my own project up and running I am also planning to come back here on the collaboration forum with the project and see if people want to join in. The good thing is that now I know quite a lot of people, and I know who is passionate about CG and can deliver quality work and most importantly, is pleasant to work with. So I will be contacting them (you guys are offcourse included in them ;)) when I think I have got something interesting to offer.

Anyway, people can just contact me through msn/pm, or mail when they are interested. I don’t want to do it here, because this is not the right place for such a discussion.

Cheers,

Victor

Sorry to hear that Victor mate. :frowning:

I’m more than happy to carry on working with the project, but I’m not in a position to take over leadership. Perhaps Dene can as it’s his baby. :wink:

Good luck in the future mate, keep checking in on our progress won’t you.

Sonix.

:love: Whoa! Good luck Dogma I will be keeping my eyes open for your art work. You have some pretty big shoes to fill. You have a knack and great eye! Love your art