Acceleration

I do not agree with RyanWalsh his comment that photo manipulation is wrong in an illustration. Matte painters use photo manipulations all the time nowadays and if it gives a nice image and it works why not?

i do agree that painting or working in 3d from scratch instead of using bad reference photo material is better.

I really like this image and concept although it gives a very strong vibe and reference to Syd Meads dog race image wich is in itself not a very bad achievement… but i would want to see something in the same style but not the same feel if you get what i mean.

But nice work and thumbs up from me.

Greets

Man we speak spanish… but i forgett the rules!!!
congratulations it´s really a good work… since i saw the thumbnail i´d say
this is one of my favourites!.. .good luck man!
Bravo! muy buen trabajo hno.! saludos desde Ecuador… suerte y exitos!

nice design! i like very much this dynamic shot !

GL

This one is my favorite, great job and completely new design. It looks like it was inspired by the Syd Mead painting with the huge robot dogs?

love the rush of the race on this image. good luck

This is a great image Genesisa. I think this is very in keeping with the Syd Mead style. My first comment was going to be I like what you did with the crowd and how you ceated that sense of speed with the motion blur. I didn’t realise straight away it was a photo. However, I think you implemented it well which I think to make it work with the image is an achievement in it’self. I have no problems with it.

I so do love this vehicle!! :eek:

It’s power, it’s big, it’s fast. it’s just everything.
I really like the massive threads on the tires. it really completes everything. :thumbsup:

I do agree with RyanWalsh about the sketchy of the building on the right. but i don’t about the crowd. photo manipulation is a form of computer graphics. and i don’t think that its a problem for Syd, since it’s just a crowd and has nothing to do with the design of the vehicle. It isn’t even futuristic, since crowd will be the same :rolleyes:

about 3d art cheating. most times only use procedural textures, so i don’t cheat on photo manipulated textures :cool:

anyway, I love these!!

~ EmjeR

:buttrock: thanks a lot for your comments! yes i did this drawing kind of quick. . . its something i have when i get inspired. i totally forget about the tiny details :S i dont know why i rushed it! but anyway. how i said. i wanted to make something that feels like a syd meads work. i mean. when doeas an image is incompleted or not :stuck_out_tongue: i wanted to leave it there hehe. . . i hope the best for all of you! and thanks again for the comments :bounce:

so you’re not going to finish the picture??

i thoug i coundt do anything else after i upload it! can i?

you can.
just upload another one with the newer version.
the judges will always look to the best of you work, so the latest update.
maybe it’s clever to add it to the description.

you’re even allowed to make other vehicles and submit them.
the rules say: “multiple entries allowed”

Of all the images i’ve seen, i LOVE THIS

amazing job, i love your design :thumbsup:

im about to post an update! im glad you like this image. i really enjoied doing them! i hope i have a chance on this thing! ive seen really amazing entries!! =)

Nice to see a so good image from another venezuelan! excellent work!

cheers,

Carlos

Hi everybody this is my concept and done just in 3-4 days in hurry

and

and

and

and
and

and finally this shot :

thx for comments
and sorry I couldn’t make new thread

well, actually the reason why you can’t make a new thread is that the competition is already ended, 3 days to be excact. so i’m sorry for you man, but this one doesn’t count.
nice design tough.

is nice… looks like a victorinox =P i like it, very cutting! haha the competition alreaddy ended :frowning:

Hi every body, I’m really really sorry to post my works in your threat, I’m not familiar with the forums and I tried to create a threat for my work but I couldn’t.
Sorry again

well i don’t know if it is a problem, it only makes no sense.
the competition is over.