Above and beyond vehicle/character - zenzmurfy

:bounce: Just starting my 2d thread for the challenge. I guess I will be posting the concept art here and modeling the plane(s) there.

The Red Baron!:wavey:

The funny thing is… even with nine flies I think this plane is way under powered. The first plane was intended more as a glider with a slight power assist.

lol, I like the red baron, but the first one does look a lot more natural… well, as natural as a you can get with a fly powered spider plane. good concept.

:wavey:

remember to always read the stickies properly, I changed your thread title :wink:

Not sure if this is where you got inspired but your design kinda reminds me of a thread i read in max forums

http://www.maxforums.org/forum/forum.asp?t=38338&r=87

Worth a look maybe. Only i don’t think your is quite a cruel :twisted:

Freak

Inspiration is the only legal way to steal ideas from other people…
SOOOOOOOOOOO…its ok.

Btw, that was just a joke.

Good start.:thumbsup:

Tommy Lee

:cool:
Wow! heheheh. nope never seen it before. Walking backwards here’s how my concept developed. The way there are flies on my plane is that the pilot is a spider which catches and cocoons them. The reason the Pilot is a spider is that I wanted a way for the pilot to control the air surfaces in the back and I thought spiderwebs would be the most elegant way(no to mention spiderwebs solves most of the construction problems). :slight_smile:
Since contest was to make a homebrew airplane, I thought why not go really small and use wings made from maple seeds.

Originally posted by TheFreak
[B]Not sure if this is where you got inspired but your design kinda reminds me of a thread i read in max forums

http://www.maxforums.org/forum/forum.asp?t=38338&r=87

Worth a look maybe. Only i don’t think your is quite a cruel :twisted:

Freak [/B]

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.