"a Forest Giant", Michal Matczak (2D)

Title: “a Forest Giant”
Name: Michal Matczak
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Done in 4 days, a couple of hours each day. Tried to follow Neville Page’s workflow and his attention to details from his Gnomon DVD on rendering Wildebeast. It’s really hard, I did my best, though… :frowning:
I tried to keep it sketchy look, yet kinda finished, not to overbalance it with too much details, too.
Any comments and/or advices would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Added some textures, a background and some retouching, tried to make it look more finished. Hope you like it.

hello there mike…this is good…:). i like how u treated this.

wow~so cool~great forest giant u got!I like it ,so powerful!:twisted: keep it up:scream:

Waheed, TR.HaDEs - thanks for commentsand appreciation.:slight_smile:

As I look at it today, I think I’ll need to imrpove it, some changes to hair and the background is emtpy. I think I’ll add some jungle to it… I’m off to work! :arteest:

Very nice character and style :thumbsup:

nice, but i think his head is too small compared with the rest of his body. And as you said a jungle background would probably be good too…

BlinCk - thanks :slight_smile:

packinpah - you’re right, I overdid it. I wanted to add the scale to it, so he would look enormous. I’ll be corrected in the update. Thanks.

I’ve edited the thread, see the first post. :slight_smile:

Cool, to see u finish, this piece! I would work on the ape more though, try to get the anatomy right, but it seems convincing, I like the treatment of the background, overall compo is really good, Nice!:thumbsup:

Thanks, beelow.Yah, the right leg is a bit off, maybe I’ll correct it sometime. Thanks for good words!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.