I´m currently working on a very heavy scene with tons of geometry plus some character animation…
Pretty much everything that can be proxied is a proxy, but i still came to a point where I needed to organize the scene even more, so I started Xref-ing stuff.
But then Working on the Animations (lights, objects, characters) became a pain in the a**, so i looked into containes.
I know, bad move in the middle of a production, but at that time the deadline had been moved a bit back so I thought i might aswell try it out.
But now, as I started rendering shots in the farm, problems exploded all over me…
First thing: Since working with multiple shots using the same containers, everytime I worked on a shot container already beeing used in the farm, those containers became locked, so I could not close them in my master file.
A) Delete the .lock file of the container.
B) Suspend the backburner job while editing.
While rendering via backburner, some renders freeze in the middle or don´t render at all on some nodes.
For now I decided to go back and rebuild the scene with Xrefs.
But I´d still like to know for future projects, if these are known issues or if i´m just missing something.