3ds max 6 & combustion paint problems

Hey. I’m trying to figure out how to use combustion materials to paint onto my 3d models. I have the general setup figured out, but am having some problems with a couple things:

1- Combustion isn’t unwrapping all of the UVW mapping. In this particular case, I modeled the head of a lion as a single, poly object. I then applied cylindrical mapping. But when selecting the unwrap option for the combustion material, only the teeth are showing up in combustion.

2- For combustion, there’s two brush options: Filled and stroked. These are behaving very differently when doing the painting inside 3dsmax. When using filled brush strokes, the result looks like it should: If I make a small sweep across the surface of my model, I get a small stroke. But when using stroked brush strokes, I keep getting very long streaks for the same brush movements. In one case, I tried testing the stroked brush strokes by applying a simple dot to the mesh. And the dot showed up…just with a giant streak branching off from it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~V

there;s a free plu called texporter.use that .it generates a bitmap with wire overlays .u can import that into combustion and paint over it.

its much easier and faster.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.