3D program/ Flash Vector art question

Hello,

I’m looking for a 3d program, max, maya etc that may be able to take a 3d model and turn it into a vector based image that can be exported into macromedia flash. Anybody know if this is possible and which program can do it?

Thanks!

Maya has a plug-in which allows you to export directly to .swf. That could be of some help to you. Maya also has a built in (included plug-in) vector renderor.

Swift 3D, Plasma, Maya’s swf render.

Thanks guys,

Swift 3d was what I was looking for. The company I work for is gonna be doing some new stuff and needed a program like swift. Thanks for your help.

Get Strata 3D. Its an innexpensive program that supports Flash VERY well and is the program used to create MYST. I use it every day and it is simple to learn and has tons of great built in features.

I know that 3s Studio Max files can be imported/exported into shockwave, but some of the guys at my school had a hard time getting it to work properly. I’m a big Maya fan myself, so I’d probably check out Swift3D first, personally. Will you be posting your ventures into 3d-to-vector projects here anytime soon? I sure hope so!:smiley:

Hi,

Unfortunately no I won’t be able to post any of the work I eventually do with the program. Everything I do for my job is under a NDA so I’m blocked from showing anything. Outside of work I’d have no use for swift 3d. Thanks for your helpful suggestion.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.