MG Lomb Advertising is seeking a 3D Animator / Generalist for our Rochester NY agency. As a 3D Generalist, you will play a vital role within an ambitious and talented team creating high-end photo quality product and environment content for print, digital, interactive, virtual reality, and animation for marketing and advertising. Candidates must possess the skills to achieve a high level of photo quality content through the expertise of lighting, shading, modeling, texturing, and post-production work. Candidates must be able to work on a team, and fulfill projects from conception through final work. We‘ll need samples of your original work (up front) with review and discussion of your work during the interview.
We’re a fun but focused agency. You’ll work hard, but greatly enjoy the work and people you’re working with. Projects are both big and small. We develop creative for giant international companies like Harris Corporation, Fisher-Price and SiriusXM Radio, and for smaller niche companies. The variety keeps it fun, but you’ll need to work on multiple projects at the same time. Never a dull moment!
The successful candidate is able to achieve photorealistic rendering through the expertise of lighting, shading, modeling, texturing, and post-production work. Skills at photorealistic shading, texturing, lighting and rendering of 3D assets, through completion, are required. Strengths at modeling, lighting, texturing, rendering & post production are required, as is experience with modern rendering engines. Strong communication and problem solving skills are critical to the position, to successfully communicate your ideas. You’ll also need to be a team player and respect what others bring to the table.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Presentation skills, a strong portfolio, and examples of your original work
• Mature comprehension of quality creative (ability to distinguish good work from bad)
• Proficiency with 3DS Max, or similar 3D program
• Ability to texture, light and render 3D scenes (realistically) while optimizing render times
• Ability to accurately create quality 3D models, from scratch or from CAD input
• Ability to rig 3D models, for portrayal of action within an animation
• Ability to create complex 3D actions: flowing water, particulates, other similar effects
• Ability to sketch storyboards, for critique and refinement
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
• Be punctual, responsible and able to lead a project
• Strong commitment to a team effort
Our ideal candidate will display an interest in becoming a long-term member of our team with a vigorous effort towards furthering the growth of our agency. Our agency provides health insurance, 401K upon full eligibility, paid standard U.S. holidays and vacation. Work environment is a creative atmosphere with exposure to a wide variety of projects.
Candidates should forward their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org