200+ Women In L.A.’s Animation Ind Demand Studios End Sexual Harassment In Workplace

[quote=]I’m just tired of folks sweeping all-too-common harassment issues under the rug in favor of ‘dating at work’ issues.

Saying the ‘harassment’ is so ‘rare’ women should stop being so mean all of a sudden.
But its not rare at all. Forget about Hollywood. Local politicians here in Montreal are getting busted. Same guy multiple women every time!
And really its only public figures that get in the news at all. I think any company thats serious about employee moral better be keeping an eye on this.[/quote]

Agreed completely!

Also applicable and not about happy romance at work.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/she-didn’t-fight-back-she’s-posting-selfies-why-people-doubt-victims-of-sexual-misconduct/ar-BBFYgJ9

[quote=]Asking a girl out for a coffee isn’t making the news folks.
[/quote]
Except when it does

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Elevatorgate

TLDR; Lady leaves bar at 4am, guy asks if she wants to go back to his room for a chat over coffee, lady says no, guy says OK. Next day Lady announces she was harassed.

Unless its all on video it might be a bit over simplified too. He could have not touched her but still said all kinds of mean shit instead.
4:00am for a coffee?! Its also easy to speculate on what the guy’s motive really was. Don’t say you haven’t thought it! And what if the guy has a bad reputation already ?
Hey guys-if it makes us more considerate in all situations-maybe a few of us have to pay some dues…
Basically you don’t want to get shit?-think about your circumstances and act accordingly. If its meant to happen things just flow on their own.

https://forward.com/opinion/387620/confusing-sexual-harassment-with-flirting-hurts-women/ I thought this summed it pretty much.

“…stop being overdramatic and making this moment about themselves.”

Given the tone of most of his posts here, I find it ironic that ilovekaiju would post an article with that line in it. Honestly kaiju, youjust don’t seem to get it. I suppose I don’t either from your point of view and that’s fine, but you really are missing the big picture here and at this point really seem to be coming across as completely unconcerned about any of this. You have marginalized a very real problem at every turn and have deflected and redirected everything back onto a “but it’s MEN who are the real victims here” stance.

At this point, like several others who attempted to participate in this thread, I have to tap out, I find a large majority of the responses here sad and in some cases outright scary and almost wish we hadn’t discussed it.

So what about men?
I was sexually harassed by my supervisor at Electronic Art Los Angeles for 10 months. EA buried it, and made me look like just an ‘accuser’.
And even several other companies over the years.
…so none of you have been targeted for any of this harassment?

Sorry - it doesn’t fit the narrative. Change gender and then make the complaint. Form a march maybe?. Hopefully the Clinton’s and Weinstein will march for you and it’ll be a great day.

lol… Well Hilliary is in Pasadena,… I’ll see if I can get her and Harvey to jump on board.

Given the tone of most of his posts here, I find it ironic that ilovekaiju would post an article with that line in it. Honestly kaiju, youjust don’t seem to get it. I suppose I don’t either from your point of view and that’s fine, but you really are missing the big picture here and at this point really seem to be coming across as completely unconcerned about any of this. You have marginalized a very real problem at every turn and have deflected and redirected everything back onto a “but it’s MEN who are the real victims here” stance.

All I’m trying to simply say is we need to include all variables in the equation to be effective. We need to be hard and swift on handling harassment. We need to encourage folks to come forth quickly and support them while at the same time be able to filter out the crazy and unfounded claims that could hurt a company and a person for something normal perceived as harassment due to someone who may be over sensitive.

Remember once it comes out as harassment a life can be utterly ruined for almost any degree. It must be handled carefully and not with mob feelings as so many things are handled these days but at the same time real harassment cannot be ignored and needs to be addressed to stop it and help the victim from their life being ruined.

So to end harassment what is and what is not harassment?

To be honest refract, my comment to you, and your response, highlights how different guys treat notions of ‘harassment’. We both made light of it. Now maybe I was in the wrong for doing that, I don’t know. But it did remind me of a similar situation years back when the boss’s sister hit on all the young apprentices. Literally every guy just laughed it off (some even took her up on her offer).

I find it interesting that there are movements out there (feminists) who would argue that men and women are no different and that it is sexist to believe so and to treat them so. And yet when it comes to certain selection of offences, such as what we are talking about here, the assumption is that only women can be ‘true’ victims.

Victim culture is eating itself. We now live in a world where anyone can literally ‘decide’ to change gender (and back again), and anyone who questions it is now ‘transphobic’ and may even possibly get a visit from the police. Good decent people have lost careers because of this hysterical #metoo climate. Lives are being ruined for more likes and upvotes. In the meantime, genuine victims are getting lost in the sea of #metoo’ers who want a share of victim points. Definitions are being skewed all over the place and losing their potency. This is happening with racism.

Some valid points there.
But the IGN example however jeez that guy was pretty over the top. Some people are a bit too TMI to the point of sounding ‘needy for sex’!
If you talk like that at work-well yes that could be an issue. I mean who actually wants to work with a colleague like that?!

Maybe you should simply stay sympathetic to the cause. If you had been a woman would you have gotten better treatment?
Probably not actually. Hence the issue.

I thought this was a good video that kind of talks about all the issues. It is from a famous older feminist from a previous generation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lARl8OzHs-A
I think this explains what some people have said. Sometimes it is harder to express in writing.

The link I posted has a video from the lady herself describing what happened and she has many other videos where she talks about the events. In none of her own descriptions did he touch her, make any sexual advances or suggestions. He simply asked her back to his room to continue talking about the topics which were being discussed at the philosophical event they were at. And sure, maybe his motives were sex, but is that suddenly a bad thing? If you’re up drinking in a bar at 4am, you’re going to be flirted with, male or female.

That is another question. Does the location change the scenario.
I’m at work at the copier machine with a co-worker and try to make a flirtatious attempt at a “move”.
Or what if we are all at the bar and you all have had something to drink and you invite your coworker who is also in a tipsy but lively mood over…Does that change things?

True. She also didn’t call it sexual harassment either. Se said she felt ‘sexualized’. Aka If she had been a guy-would that guy have bothered?!..Probably not.

Aka she felt he was looking for sex and I can’t hold it against her for probably being right.

I know right. The thought process doesn’t pan out past the first 10 seconds of thought.

Son - " Hey dad, I met a great girl at work, we’re on a date tonight!! "
Dad - " WORK?!?!, shit son we need to talk "
Son - " Is there a problem? "
Dad - " Hell yes. You’re basically a creep and and possibly a danger to woman. You need to apologies in some way - maybe come out on Twitter or Facebook "
Son - " Dad, lay of the Soy products, it’s cool - she and I get on great "
Dad - " That’s beside the point, your toxic masculinity and privilege is the problem. Whether the girl realises it or not, she is a victim here, and a helpless one at that. "
Son - " But she asked me for the date "
Dad - " Some how you’re still to blame. Men are always the problem - it’s the way now. If this took place at the work place, you are a creep. It is as simple as that "
Son - " Well actually she asked me after work whilst on the bus home "
Dad - " Ah - that’s alright then, you’re in the clear. But remember - all interactions between 8.00am and 5.00pm are essentially rape "

So I guess you’ll just have to figure it all out then.
Good luck.

The problem is that most harassers view their unsolicited/unwanted advances as benign and then certain guys get outright verbally aggressive/dismissive with women after they’re turned down and basically unmask all the previous nice things that were said as total bs.