Secret Agent Entry: Miguel Mada?l de Freitas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2009
Secret Agent Entry: Miguel Mada?l de Freitas

Miguel Mada?l de Freitas is entered in the "Secret Agent" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Bond... Old Bond

08 August 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Bond...Old Bond

Hello everyone,

Late entry here. Unfortunately i only had time to make some concepts in the earlier phase of the challenge, but only managed to start the image around July 30th!! I havent stopped for a minute almost, and i will definitely try to finish on time.

So here is my image concept. I've called it Bond...old Bond just to introduce the idea behind clearly. I don't want by any means use any "copyrighted" ideas or material around the James Bond character, as the image applies to any given "secret agent" whatever name he has. Bond is just a catcher and gives a little funnier feeling if you imagine it as it would be possible.

So what i'm depicting here is an old Bond, which has gone a bit crazy with all the missions he had gone through, and is now in a mental institution. Nevertheless, danger is around and evil is around every corner. In this case, the head nurse is about to enter the hall with pills for the crazy, and it's the perfect moment for our hero to sneak behind the pillar and finish off the miserable leaving being! MUAHAHAHAH he thinks!!

Well...at least he thinks so ;) but he's the only one living out his own lunatic mission...in a few moments all will be gone... ;)

Thanks

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: planning

First planning of the scene. Still lots of design and work to do.

My main inspirations for looks as well as idea was movies like "One flew over the cuckoos nest", "12 monkeys" and "the green mile". Lots of reference for mental institutions, etc.

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: staging

I've finally laid out the main architectural elements, as well as base lighting. Starting to get the feeling of what's happening, and i'm happy the composition works nicely too with our eyes getting pulled to the main character at first and then following his own eyes we get to know what is happening.

Last edited by Madail : 08 August 2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: wrong description for image

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: Head Nurse, the EVIL ONE

I started out with the head nurse model. I was undecided which way to go, if old, small, but determined old lady, or the BIG, STRONG and EVIL nurse. I decided with the big one, as giving the pills to resiting patients would be a bit more easier and funnier...for her :)

Base mesh from 3dsmax, layed out uv's with no intersecting or overlapping ones so zbrushing would be smooth.

08 August 2009
Concept / pre-visualization: Main Character Preview

This time is the main character who's being shown. Same procedure as before, base mesh with corrected uv's. You can see the base mesh better in the first standing pose.

Then it was a matter of refining the modeling, posing at the same time. When i had a nice standing pose, i imported a box model similar to the wheelchair so i could pose him and shape him accordingly, and detail some areas of contact, like muscles and skin where he's sitting, bending wrinkles, etc. I also included the modeling of the "hand gun" gesture. Being old as he is, and thin i thought it would be nice to keep a few muscle, as he was indeed a fit guy, but with aging effects, as muscles tend to decay, and leave more skin around the bones, etc. I'm pretty happy with the result, hope you enjoy it.

I'm so sorry i couldnt start this image before, as i would love the critics and comments that would certainly help me much more in the making. I've done this model in about 10 hours or so, i didnt touch zbrush in a few months lol.. and certainly being able to finish the image until de deadline is going to be reaaaaaaaaly hard!! I still need to make the rest of the crazy people, texture everything and dress them ;) LOOL!

Thanks

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: Main Character's face

Hi all,

This will be the face of the agent. After some experiments, i find this one to work well for my idea.

Even though it isnt a good looking or friendly face to look at, one has to imagine the type of expressions a secret agent would go through his entire live, and the "ugly, bad ass" face would be in fact familiar for him. Adding a bit of crazyness to it, and i think this works pretty well. I didnt want to caricaturize it too much too.

08 August 2009
Replay

Nice Sculpture

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: adding more characters

Hi all,

I'm continuing making what i want to be part of the image. Some new characters such as other patients inside the room, will be posting more.

@evanescentdevil Thanks :) didnt notice your post..

thanks

Last edited by Madail : 08 August 2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: thanking

08 August 2009
Work In Progress: characters almost finished

Hi everyone,

Almost finished with all characters posing. Maybe one more and i'm off for texturing. Thank god uv's are done!! Still got some hours, so i expect to finish this on time!

08 August 2009
Final Image: Bond...Old Bond

Software: 3ds max,Photoshop,VRay,ZBrush

I've called it Bond...old Bond just to introduce the idea behind clearly. I don't want by any means use any "copyrighted" ideas or material around the James Bond character, as the image applies to any given "secret agent" whatever name he has. Bond is just a catcher and gives a little funnier feeling if you imagine it as it would be possible.

So what i'm depicting here is an old Bond, which has gone a bit crazy with all the missions he had gone through, and is now in a mental institution. Nevertheless, danger is around and evil is around every corner. In this case, the head nurse is about to enter the hall for the night pills, and in the dim light, it's the perfect moment for our hero to sneak behind the pillar, with his wheelchair - cof cof - and finish off the miserable leaving being! MUAHAHAHAH he thinks!!

Well...at least he thinks so ;) but he's the only one living out his own lunatic mission...in a few moments all will be gone... ;)

I only had about 10 days to put this piece together, so unfortunatly its not so great...

08 August 2009

I've called it Bond...old Bond just to introduce the idea behind clearly. I don't want by any means use any "copyrighted" ideas or material around the James Bond character, as the image applies to any given "secret agent" whatever name he has. Bond is just a catcher and gives a little funnier feeling if you imagine it as it would be possible.

So what i'm depicting here is an old Bond, which has gone a bit crazy with all the missions he had gone through, and is now in a mental institution. Nevertheless, danger is around and evil is around every corner. In this case, the head nurse is about to enter the hall for the night pills, and in the dim light, it's the perfect moment for our hero to sneak behind the pillar, with his wheelchair - cof cof - and finish off the miserable leaving being! MUAHAHAHAH he thinks!!

I only had about 10 days to put this piece together, so unfortunatly its not so great...

Just a minor update to final image, thanks.

08 August 2009

08 August 2009

08 August 2009
Talking Awesomeness!

Congratulations my Friend!

Few days ago you told me about this idea and voila! you managed to finish it and in a record time, im very glad.
I specially like the light it gives the picture a mood between the comical situation and creepiness of the space!

This is actually one of the best concepts and the title makes it clear.

Wish you the best for voting.

congrats again

Thread Closed share thread