Sugar Rush, short by Guillermo Careaga

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2006
Sugar Rush, short by Guillermo Careaga

Hi everyone! I graduated from Ringling School of Art and Design this past May, and I had meant to post my animated short months ago but I just didn't have the chance. Here it is though (you need the DIVx codec to see it):

http://webspace.ringling.edu/~gcare...isFinal_web.avi

10 October 2006
great animation

Hey guillermo, looks great, some crispy looking animation there. Keep it up. 5 stars

10 October 2006
Thumbs up sweet!

Guillermo, your film is beautifully animated and really funny, it's one of my favorites. So very inspiring.

K.

10 October 2006
That was absolutely FABULOUS!!! I hope someone gets this up on the frontpage, and I hope that you snag an amazing job with it! (Be sure to tour the festivals with it as well).

My only gripe was that there were a couple of times when the music could have been mixed together a little more smoothly......twice there was a point when one song literally stopped and another song came in, and that sounded awkward. Otherwise it's top notch! The animation blew my mind!

10 October 2006
Wow, that was fantastic! Really nice animation and great facial expressions and poses. I loved the story too, I think most of us can relate

Hope you get the credit you deserve, good luck!

10 October 2006
OMG that's awsome. Nice job!!!

I agree... FrontPage this!

I especially liked the running on all fours bit.

Congrats and goodluck!

MAKE!

10 October 2006
congratulations on a very impressive short! front page, i agree!

10 October 2006
is it only me? I can't download/play the movie.. I luve stuff coming out of Ringling.. Please let me see the work~

10 October 2006
woohaa! that rocked! lol good job!

10 October 2006
wow, that was a great little short. great animation. nice and smooth. very entertaining, well done. no crit from me. well done.

by the way, from start to finish, how long did it take you?

10 October 2006
Thanks everyone! I haven't really had a chance to show my short to people outside my school, so it's great to hear the opinions of those who have never seen it and have no previous knowledge of it. I really appreciate the comments.

ivanisavich- You're right about the music transitioning so abruptly. I had placed some scratch audio just to get the feel for it, hoping that I would go back to it later and fix it. Only "later" became "never" as the animation took away most of my time. =)

p0rcupine- I'm not sure why you're not able to download the movie. Last time I checked, the link worked. Weird. It does need DivX to play though.

save often- I think this was in production for a total of 7 or 8 months, if I remember correctly.

10 October 2006
Hey Guillermo

Nice mork man. You may remember me--I interviewed you at Ringling and then met up with you when you were visiting Matt and Jim at Shaba. Anyway, nice work (but you know that already) and enjoy that new gig

Front page...

-Adam

10 October 2006
wonderfull. besides the good animation i also love the character. very cool!

10 October 2006
Really Cool

Hey Guillermo,

Yet again, another Ringling school student has created a wonderful piece. One thing that'll never cease to amaze me is how almost every student from Ringling has both strong animation and story-telling in his/her film..maybe its the Jim McCampbell factor The animation is truly amazing...so fluid, and the poses read so well. This is indeed Front Page material. ***** from me dude...Keep it up!

Website http://www.sushanimator.com

Short Film: Lolly Poo Lee

10 October 2006
fantastic. fantastic. fantastic.
especially the story

5 stars. frontpage

Thread Closed share thread