The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Diaconu Bogdan Florin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2006
The Journey Begins Challenge (3D) Entry: Diaconu Bogdan Florin

Diaconu Bogdan Florin is entered in the "The Journey Begins Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Olga’s Choice

The journey begins with a choice

A choice is a journey.

A journey is a choice.

The path taken in both directions is only up to us. We decide our fate even though many think we do not. Many think their fate depends on different external factors (social, intellectual or financial boundaries, etc), that it depends on some unwritten rules that can be misinterpreted.

At the end of your own journey, most often, you realize that you’re not even close to the first milestone.

What would it be like if you could do it all over again?

Starting from the same point, without the knowledge and experience gathered on the way, but all new, from the beginning, with the same innocence and trust as when you were children, when if the stock market fell it would not affect you, when everybody sent you to bed, when everybody gave you candies, nobody shouted at you, when you were able to make friends in less than 5 seconds.

What would it be like?

Would you turn up in the same place?

Do you believe you make your own way?

Are you traveling alone?

Are you ready to begin another journey?

That is my invitation to you – dare to open one door or another, search for clues and friends to guide you, don’t get caught up in illusions ‘cause it is time to make a choice, it’s time to begin yet another journey.

BAM

Last edited by BAMU : 05 May 2006 at 02:43 PM.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: introduction

Hello, I watched you from a certain distance till now, but I decided to take this challenge to introduce myself in this comunity of yours, it's a pleasure to participate and I sure it will be an interesting journey...a big GOOD LUCK to everybody.

... and a few words about what I'am trying to create:

A very innocent looking little girl standing in front of two doors as symbols of beginning and/or the end.

You either enter or exit, you have the illusion of freedom of choice yet you never know what awaits for you. Is the end the beginning of your new story or the beginning is the end of your old story? It is certanly a journey with maybe too many doors for the children who lie whitin us. Behind the doors you feel you'll find others. Even though you always want to begin clean you don't know what the journey brings, will you regret having followed the white rabbit? Will it make you grow up? Are you prepared to do so? Everything in this scene will have a very "motion like" meaning - everything is still and yet the details give you hints about movement and a lot more - to follow....

Last edited by BAMU : 03 March 2006 at 12:27 PM.

03 March 2006
ops... double post.

Last edited by BAMU : 03 March 2006 at 03:19 PM.

03 March 2006
Concept Sketch: a more clearly sketch

fell free to comment or put questions :)

03 March 2006
an interesting idea with the distorted perspective but the idea of the journey is not clear for me

03 March 2006
the basic ideea is this: any journey actually begin when you decide to make it and not when you step out the door/house or smth like that, this girl is in that moment, when she has taken decision to use on of those doors, whitch one, you decide. what she can found inside? well, she can find happines, sadness, knowledge, love... again, you decide. My "job" is to make you look at this work and make you choose a door and what she can found behind.
The scene will contain a lot more characters then you can see now, they'll will apear gradually in working process, as in a theatre play.

I hope that my explanations make sense to you [to all, actualy ].

Last edited by BAMU : 03 March 2006 at 02:01 PM.

03 March 2006
It makes sense when you explain it but unfortunately, one of the criteria is to be able to figure out what the journey is by looking at it

Maybe if one of the doors was open and there were several people in the scene, one of them looking out a door and others walking to doors. Something along those lines.

03 March 2006
cool idea and concept
good luck

03 March 2006
Hmmmm.........This has Salvador Dali written all over it...Very Cool !

03 March 2006
se7enthcin: thx for sugestion, but, a big part of my ideea in based on the fact that the doors are closed, first step of the journey is to open one of those doors, whitch are not ordinary doors, when the others characters will come in the scene the journey will become more obvious. I only hope now to be capable and represent my thoughts/ideas clearly.

davison & blueferret: thx

03 March 2006
Modeling: girl

this is how I see the girl, I think that now she looks a little older then I was thinking but she'll be younger when texturing comes...

03 March 2006
Modeling: small update

...and some colors

03 March 2006
Thumbs up blueferret replies

hey ...
I'm going to try that with the mountains.........
Your red head gal is loking good.....

03 March 2006
really nice idea, and yeah, dali is clearly somewhere in there ^^, though it might be a bit risky if your story will get clear.

nice style in the modelling aswell, keep it up

03 March 2006
Modeling: girl

next: texturing

Thread Closed share thread