Master and Servant 2D Entry: Goro Fujita

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Goro Fujita

Goro Fujita has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: The Hunt

OK one last update. A friend of mine mentioned that the trol seems to have only four fingers (left hand). I fixed that ;)

The Background:
In a land before time only the greatest hunters can ride a trol. Therefore they have to challenge a trol to be able to rule over the creature. In a fierce fight the Master cut of the trols horns and gained the creatures respect.
It's the first hunt together. As they walk through the coppice they descry a couple of deers in a clearing. The Hunter gives the command to attack the deers, pulls the reins and picks up a spear out of the quiver. The trol obeys his masters command and starts to run.
The ground terembles under the heavy steps of the trol and the deers are fleeing in different directions trying to escape the danger. The master picked one fine deer and commands the trol to go after it. The deer is fast but trol is faster. He easily caches up with the deer. The hunter prepares for his throw. Suddenly a rabbit jumps out of coppice and distracts the trol.
The Trol tries to follow the white Rabbit but the Master pulls the reins and screams: "THE DEER YOU FOOL! GO FOR THE DEER!"

Again thnx for your support!

Cheers!
Goro

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

Last edited by Goro : 05 May 2005 at 07:25 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
That's what I am talkin about! Woot!

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Good luck Goro!

I'll bet you'll do fine, I saw your tutorials over int DSG, they were very helpful. Thanks for that.
modelling practice #1

Old 03 March 2005   #4
The master has arrived! Viel Erfolg!

Old 03 March 2005   #5
I just found this thread and it made my day. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck, Goro!

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Concept Sketch: First Concept

Ok here I am....
I had a image in my head today. A boy sitting on the shoulder of a giant bot walking through a forest. The little boy is showing his servant the beauty of nature :)

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Wow thnx guys for the warm welcome! I'm highly motivated now!
thank you!!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
They seem very cute but may I ask why you have chosen a scene very familiar with the examples they gave at the beginning? (I mean the INSPIRATION page examples.)

As I examined your previous work, I can say that you can produce much more original art. You seem you have the capacity.

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Hi Goro!
I was wondering how long it'd take you to join up! Have fun here and I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff.
Also, I agree with the poster above. That looks just like a scene from 'Iron Giant'. Brad Bird will be happy that you find his work so inspirational though

Old 03 March 2005   #10
I love your origional concept... what kid didn't dream about having their own giant robot! I just wanted to post these images from Brad Bird's "The Iron Giant", in case you hadn't seen them... since the concept is relatively simmilar...

Old 03 March 2005   #11
hmm that's sad :(

I intetnionally didn't look at the inspiration page and I don't even know Iron Giant.
Damn it....When I read the title of the challenge I wanted to include a bot
So this image came into my mind...but if it's not original maybe I should develop another
story...

Thnx for your feedback guys!

cheers!
Goro

Edit: Ok just saw the images. Will rethink my concept....that looks really similar....
almost copied....

Old 03 March 2005   #12
hey goro, good to see you here , and don't worry i know you'll come up with
a good idea for this

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Hey Goro, thanks for dropping by! Don't get disheartened by the robot idea... how about a different take on it. Just a thought, but the robot could be small, and maybe leading the boy through the forest showing HIM the wonders of nature, like being a human he had to have a machine to point it out... I managed to get girls into my idea, I reckon you'll get a bot in yours!

Old 03 March 2005   #14
You could always change it by showing that this robot is the boys master... the reverse of the childhood dream... that could be dark and interesting...

-Heather

Old 03 March 2005   #15
Good luck. Hope you find your concept soon. Your 2d & 3d work looks great, im sure you wont disappoint us.

In the year 4016...

Thread Closed share thread