Master and Servant 3D Entry: Janet Taylor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Janet Taylor

Janet Taylor has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Servant of Time Final Image

And here's my final. Just a couple of small adjustments from the compositing image.

Master and Servant Challenge

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Servants of Time Concept 1

So here's my concept in my usual cr*p drawing style. We're all servants/slaves of Father Time. My intention is to make the people just slightly puppet-like, but still human. The puppet strings in the drawing are on too much of an angle--I can see that Father Times hands will need to be positioned carefully in the model.

03 March 2005
Hi janet...welcome to the party......

It'll be fun as always..........I think thats a real nice idea......father time........puppetmaster.Very true unfortunatly.........It's a nice idea.and you can show lots of emotion with the characters........Young and old it's all about father time,depicting this will be a real nice concept......I'll be looking in,so all the best to you,until later......

03 March 2005
Great concept! But lot's to be done, I hope you will manage to handle it

good luck!

03 March 2005
thanks for stopping by guys. yeah, it's probably too much, but it's just how the idea played out. I wanted to show how the various ages respond to the idea of mortality: the baby who's completely innocent; to the small boy, who's not yet concerned; the young woman, who is realizing the ravages that age will cause (i'm thinking of putting the old woman's reflection in the mirror); the middle-aged guy, who can hear the clock ticking all the time; and the old woman, who has been bowed and defeated and is nearing the end. Any fewer characters just seemed to take away from the concept. but yeah, it's way too much work.

03 March 2005
Hey Janet ,
You have a real good idea here, very unique. Hey , your drawing style looks fine to me. Good luck with this and nice to see you back .

03 March 2005
Original idea, i like it and cool drawing
The amount of people don't disturb me , but i think it should be better to bring them closer and to give more perspective to the picture ,with a low-angle shot for exemple

03 March 2005
@mmoir: nice to see you too. thanks for stopping by.

@Goul: thanks for stopping by. yeah, the camera angle defintiely needs some work to heighten the drama. I'll be working on that for sure in the previz stage. i don't draw well enough to generate multiple povs efficiently. it's faster for me to get one concept out to show my idea, and then take it to a low res model and mess with the layout/ POVs, etc.

03 March 2005
janet....perhaps to cut the workload down some while keeping your idea in order you can create three seperate age groups.....a baby or young child.....and Older woman or man....and a middlle aged person........Just thinking out loud....see you later..........

03 March 2005
definitely my fall back position .

03 March 2005
hey nice start with this concept...i want to wish u good luck !..ill be looking to your art

03 March 2005
Great start Janet! hope you like modelling people more than me

or if you'd prefer a PS3 click here!

03 March 2005
thanks, guys. i do really like modelling characters, although i haven't done a ton of it.

03 March 2005
Hi Janet - good to see you in! It's a strong concept you've got - lots of modelling but I'm sure you're up to it. You did great modeling in GSO. Good luck, I'm looking forward to see how this turns out.

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

03 March 2005
Hi, Gunilla. As always, time is the enemy (or in this case, the master ). Maybe it's not practical, but i never like to hobble the concept at the beginning. If I have to, I can cut down the number of characters--but it seemed like it either needed to be the five ages, or just one, conceptually, and doing all those characters at all different ages will be just too much fun. although, i wish i could reuse base meshes i already have, but i think it's against the challenge rules.

Thread Closed share thread