Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Kamil Rutkiewicz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2004   #1
Machineflesh 2D Challenge Entry: Kamil Rutkiewicz

Kamil Rutkiewicz has entered the Machineflesh 2D Challenge.

"There is no one way to greatness, Greatness is the way"

Old 05 May 2004   #2
Wips a coming...

Wips will be up soon... just wanted to wish everyone who has entered so far the very best and keep the great working coming. Talk to you soon.. ^_o

Old 05 May 2004   #3
Cmon lets rock and role
Get some pic`s into ya thead

Old 05 May 2004   #4
Is'nt your avatar a detail of some magnacarta's illustrations ? (Just curiosity.. )

Old 05 May 2004   #5
...and btw...hey there Goli-friend

Old 05 May 2004   #6
Quote: Originally posted by goli
Is'nt your avatar a detail of some magnacarta's illustrations ? (Just curiosity.. )

Yeah it is, i love the style of those characer illustrations, i really should use something of my own, its only temporary, ill see if i can find something of my own work tonight.

As for concepts, i should have something up 2night ive been concepting for the last 2 days and i feel like i havent gotten anywhere, but ill post up my roughs tonight. Crit me to death im going to need it.

Have a good day guys, ill catch you soon.

Old 05 May 2004   #7
Hi there i am new too,kinda weak in machines and more engage in organic life form itself. Nice to see u here,i sure ur sketches gonna be nice too.Hey how do i put an avatar up?

My first time been here,i come from singapore and been practicing manga. But i am trying out to draw more westernised stuff.
Hehe juz wanna know more abt u ^ ^

Old 05 May 2004   #8
Quote: Originally posted by Craymels
Hi there i am new too,kinda weak in machines and more engage in organic life form itself. Nice to see u here,i sure ur sketches gonna be nice too.Hey how do i put an avatar up?

My first time been here,i come from singapore and been practicing manga. But i am trying out to draw more westernised stuff.
Hehe juz wanna know more abt u ^ ^

Just follow this thread and the instructions within and you should be able to set yourself up with one.

How to change your avatar...

As for the stuff im into, im kind of the opposite of where youre heading. I grew up with a lot of western influenced ideas on design and illustration, animation etc. but what i absolutley love atm is the eastern style of art and animation, design and so on.

I figure im kinda trying to capture the best of both worlds and i hope that is what will be reflected in my work. Personally and professionally.

More than anything i just want to get better at what i love to do, just like everyone else here i guess. Right?

Im going to post up a quick sketch i did at work during my lunch break in a sec, its nothing special but at least its something.

Old 05 May 2004   #9
Hey thnks alot u are so kool man ^ ^.I am currently studying animation too .i want to be influenced in all areas though not only manga.I study chinese painting and stuff too so currently practicing traditional mediums such as acrylic paints and water color ^ ^ to enhanced my skills.i would be glad to open my hands to all kinds of arts

Last edited by Craymels : 05 May 2004 at 07:14 AM.

Old 05 May 2004   #10
Concept Sketch: Concept ideation

Basically just a concept for a characters leg, im trying to explore the mechanics behind the way a modified body part will function. Just playing with ideas atm. Im not set in my path yet.

Im also not necessarily concerned whether the mechanics look correct atm, im gonna tweak stuff as i go along.

29days 16hours 28minutes and 41 seconds left. ahhhh! hehehe.

Old 05 May 2004   #11
It looks good eh.Its like so movable. Not much of a problem maybe add alittle more wires. So are u creating a cyborg

Old 05 May 2004   #12
It looks good eh.Its like so movable. Not much of a problem maybe add alittle more wires. So are u creating a cyborg

Im not really sure yet what im going to do, im not really liking the whole cyborg angle. That would sort of be re-creating the whole terminator thing and thats basically a no, no for me, i want to steer away from that to some degree.

Ill post up all to work ive done to date, and perhaps from those i can get some suggestions on which direction i should take.

hopefully i can get more feedback once ive got something more substantial up and running.

Old 05 May 2004   #13
WIP Uploads are not working but heres my idea any way....

Ok, i think i finally have a direction to focus on. I have a couple of scenarios. ill finally be able to start knocking out compositions characters etc. ASAP

The idea is that Gremlins exist and that they basically love technology and will do anything to get their hands on it and this could be for good or evil

The bad and evil premise of the idea is that there are a whole bunch of these little guys swinging off of some creature/human that has mechanised parts and theyre basically trying to capture it and pull it apart for their spare parts.

Or alternatively these fellas could be good guys working on repairing some other bigger creature/human. Im still trying to decide.

In the picture that ive drawn (but cant upload due to errors) hes holding a kind of cattle prod with viles of fluid to poison/stunn etc. their prey and hes got all these little upgrades all over his body that allows him to jump higher, move faster, and attack stronger. These guys are supposed to be tiny so any advantage they have over their prey is a bonus. I plan to draw in all different types of these Gremlins/I.M.P.S. climbing and attacking the creature all with different abilities.

But you get the picture i hope. Now that ive finally got a plan, i will post up some more stuff, more frequently. O_^
Hopefully the Uploads section is fixed soon.

Old 05 May 2004   #14
hey tt concept is good there ,got sum suggestions though
maybe u could design tt creature of urs to be heavy so that he cannot chase up the goblins. Tt creature i would suggest a golem like creature would be nice. Wanna ask a qns, Is this like a scenario or a scene where the goblins rob the arm and legs?

Old 05 May 2004   #15
The creature i would suggest a golem like creature would be nice. Wanna ask a qns, Is this like a scenario or a scene where the goblins rob the arm and legs?

Yeah thats right, the Gremlins would attack and rob the larger creature for its parts.

The Golem sounds good, that would keep the goblins in their fantasy, fairy tale surroundings but i was thinking to place them more in the real world. but i havent made any decisions yet, i want to get my characters down before i move on and work out compositions for what the scene will look like.

The creature they are attacking would be large and hulk-like like the Gollum, at one point i was thinking that they would be attacking a futuristic food vendor, just a hectic scene, food flying everywhere and bits of metal and other parts being pulled off to get to the internal components, something like that.

Anyway, thats basically where im at. Youll get a better idea as i post pics up.

Thanks for the suggestion bud, i hope your entry is going well

share thread