Vehicle: BMW Isetta 250 (old car)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2004
Vehicle: BMW Isetta 250 (old car)

Hi all

Here My latest work. I just finished to model a BMW Isetta 250 for a short movie I'm making.

I've used Lightwave WITHOUT gi and hdri.

So: what you think about it?

And here the wire

Thanks

Massimo

01 January 2004
I like the fact that you've modeled a "different" type of car. There are so many sports car models out there. (don't get me wrong, I like sports car mode.s) But your model is a breath of fresh air.

Nice model. I would like to see what it looks like in an environment though. With only a grey envoronment I belive that some of the details are hard to see. I think your licence plate needs a texture too. It is a little bland with out one. How about a little rust or a small dent here and there. (It is an Old car.)

This car reminds me of the one in the movie "Brazil."
Nice work.
- www.EdHarriss.com

Last edited by EdHarriss : 01 January 2004 at 05:16 AM.

01 January 2004
How cool. It's the Urkle mobile.

It does need to be put into some type of environment even if it's just a showroom stage.

"I see" Said the blind man to the deaf girl, sitting at the corner of the round table.

01 January 2004
hey, that looks excellent. I agree with all of the previous comments and I'm glad you got the front page with this. There definitely needs to be a bit more texture-vibe going on, though. Just as Ed said, though.. I can't see anything else.

01 January 2004
Lovely...

As Edharriss said, I liked you choose a unique model of car.

I don't know about your short. So I don't know this car is fit to your project or not. The Car's shape looks like fit to Cartooney style. However you also have kind of detail, for example back opening-door part. ( Of course, it's not high detail, either ).

But, The model as it stands, looks sweet.

Also I just search the internet the real model of car.
Here Well, I assume that there's few diffrent type of Bmw Isetta250. But, If I compare with this picture. I think your texture and surface are a bit off.

But, once again..I don't what your short gonna be. That's why I don't think I can comment on it in your short.

MiN | 3d44 VFS | DRmovie 3d Artist

VFS 3d44 SLiDESHOW| Animation Short : Wuzz Up

01 January 2004
Talking £¡£¡£¡

woooo~~~~
so q
so lovely~~~~~~
but it needs some environment

01 January 2004
OOOO Thanks Guys for yout comments and really thanks for the frontpage (It was unaspeccted for me!!! )

For now I'm tooo tired and I have go to work but at 15 pm I will post something other......

Thanks so much for all

Massimo

01 January 2004
Your such a show off. It's hard to beat Lightwaves wonderful raytracing engine. That's one beautiful modeling, texturing and rendering job.

01 January 2004
yow,Cool design

VEEEERY nICE MODEL ...

01 January 2004
Lovely looking design and images. Don't know much about the car but I take it that its real. I like yellow cars. Where did you get the reference images from. And finally did you do blendshape or rig the roof to collapse?

01 January 2004
ahh this is so cool. I second edharris, I am kind of tired of all the superb sports cars, this really is a fresh breeze.

01 January 2004
I like it a lot, especially as it has a bit of a toon type look to it. Almost real but not real. Well done.

www.slowlymakingsmoke.com

01 January 2004
Very nice!!! I like the color it goes perfectly with the model. I would like to try one of those little city car.

Cool!

01 January 2004
I have just made a search about that car (microcar.com) ,did you know it was use as a police car.
That is very funny...

01 January 2004
I love the Isetta, i think i ts so cool

Good job, this was def on my list of things to model if i ever get enough free time and great to hear you used LW!!!

cuse

share thread