how to bake out clips in trax editor?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2011
how to bake out clips in trax editor?

hello all,

i was starting to play around with trax editor some. looks like some very nice features. i plan on passing off my animated creature to a client who will then render the file.

i understand i could probably send my entire maya project folder so all the clips and poses go with the creature, but is there a way to just bake out everything into keys before i send it so all they will need is the maya file?

" . . . the essential in life is invisible to the eye, one can only see rightly with the heart." (The Little Prince)

08 August 2011
Depending on the rig you could select all the joints and run a 'BakeSimulation' command to key them on every frame. Then delete the trax clips or things will look weird (two different sources trying to drive the same skeleton).

cheers,
Brian

08 August 2011
thanks!

lol. oh man thanks. i tried baking them with the clip still active. i will try your idea tomorrow.

so basically all the joints are getting double info i guess. thanks again, i should have tried that!

" . . . the essential in life is invisible to the eye, one can only see rightly with the heart." (The Little Prince)

08 August 2011
Are your clips referenced in then? If they're not then they already reside inside the Maya scene on save. If you want to merge all the animation data back to simple keyframes then select all the clip, RMB > merge. That'll give you a single clip with all the anim data inside. If you then Activate that clip, the keys get thrown back to their control objects and you can delete all the clips.

08 August 2011
thanks so much

thanks very much. i was looking for something like the activate keys. this is really awesome because now i can send the maya scene file to the client and not worry if the clips are gonna hook up correctly or not.

again thanks so much. i was digging around trying to find something like the activate keys function. was looking through docs, tutorials, etc, and somehow missed it.

08 August 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread