CGTalk > Technical > Graphics Programming
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 10-31-2003, 05:46 PM   #1
singularity2006
Go this way; no that way!

I have odd jobs... many odd jobs... that don't pay?? ... ar?F

Send a message via AIM to singularity2006
Is it possible to access the VB code that manages the look of the form?

In Visual Basic 6, I can see all the code written for each object and event but is there a way to see the code that handles how the form itself is laid out and how the form looks in general? I mean, sure that can all be configured in the properties menu but is there any method of viewing the full code output of those properties?

Old 10-31-2003, 06:49 PM   #2
OC-NightHawk
Know-it-All
Erik Jackman
Crestron Programmer
USA

Beyond the properties of the form no. But for the most part the properties are there. And if you want a custom form design you can always make the form borderless and add the controls yourself and program it to act like a form as a whole.
"Game developers are like simple chemicals. (No, not because they're cheap and smelly.) In the right combination, they can make miracles. Screw up the mix, and you can blow up a city." - How to Screw Up a Perfectly Good Game Company in Ten Easy Steps, www.gamedev.net

Old 11-01-2003, 06:17 AM   #3
singularity2006
Go this way; no that way!

I have odd jobs... many odd jobs... that don't pay?? ... ar?F

Send a message via AIM to singularity2006
hmmmm... sounds a bit more advanced than what I can do @ the moment. I'm only halfway through my first Visual Basic course so I don't know much except making basic calculators. But I'll look into that, thanks.

Old 11-01-2003, 07:01 AM   #4
OC-NightHawk
Know-it-All
Erik Jackman
Crestron Programmer
USA

Its not that hard. For example, a form bar like windows typical one on the top could be a label. When the mouse is over it and down you could have it move the form around by controling the forms x and y locations. Or a minimize button could be a image or something that could set the form state property to minimize. Its not as hard as it sounds.
"Game developers are like simple chemicals. (No, not because they're cheap and smelly.) In the right combination, they can make miracles. Screw up the mix, and you can blow up a city." - How to Screw Up a Perfectly Good Game Company in Ten Easy Steps, www.gamedev.net

Old 01-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread