Early Bloom, Bobby Chiu (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2011
Early Bloom, Bobby Chiu (2D)

Title: Early Bloom
Name: Bobby Chiu
Software: Photoshop

Once every ten years, before the red flowers of the Rutilus Tree fully bloom, the Blossoming Dissimulic will come out of its nest inside the tree to feed. The bright red hairs on its antlers resemble Rutilus flowers and attract a huge array of little critters from the forest. This one week of feeding will sustain the Dissimulic as it hibernates until the next Rutilus blossom.

This painting was done for the cover of ImagineFX 72. The whole issue is on creatures so I was more than excited to do the cover! I also added an hour long tutorial of the making of the cover. It's on the dvd that comes with the magazine. Big thanks goes out to Claire & Paul for being such a joy to work with. Look for it in your local bookstore or buy the issue Here

I'll also have a few prints of "Early Bloom" at San Diego Comicon.

Close-Ups

Steampunk Myths n Legends

06 June 2011
One of your best piece , imo

06 June 2011
Strongly appealing piece. Especially the "face" of the main character looks either cute and clumsy. Love all the hidden little fellows around especially this green fat one with red eyes.
All the best.

06 June 2011
amazing

this composition its amazing congratulations, all the creatures looks great and its in the exactly place on the image, really its a great job.

best regards

06 June 2011
I know that you'll blow my mind again with your next piece, but right now I just can't imagine how awesome it will have to be to surpass this one! Beautiful work!

06 June 2011
The Best!! Fantastic creature design and super amazing style! love the story for each character and Congrats Bobby!

06 June 2011
Great work, as usual! I love all the creature designs and the amazing details in the painting.

06 June 2011
Thank so much guys. Much appreciated.

Steampunk Myths n Legends

06 June 2011
Lovely work.

www.lilianamaia.blogspot.com

06 June 2011
another fantastic illustration,

love the character design, its really original.

06 June 2011
Wonderful work! I love every single detail! (Although I'm sorry for the destiny of the little creatures).
Vote for award!

06 June 2011
Talking

Wow, impressive! You even got to the cover of Imagine FX, that's great! Congrats! This little guy is pretty cute, and for some reason, like this his tail the most (good color and texture on it). The body and arm fur texture isn't as good, and some of the fur brush strokes look a little detatched, it's still pretty good overall. I also like the little critters around him as well. Some of them look more interested that the main guy (they just look so unique and cute, especially at that size). I think the little fan tailed one behind the brush need the head flowers to the left side is my favorite of the little ones. Once again, congratulations. Keep it up. Great job.

06 June 2011
great piece. I love the vibrancy of the palette and the creature design and posing is mesmerising. Wonderful work.

07 July 2011
Love the little critters. So bright and colorful.

07 July 2011
Thumbs up

Cute little animals, very creative, like

Thread Closed share thread