Matching Fk scale -----Ik stretch seamless in 3ds max

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2011   #1
Matching Fk scale -----Ik stretch seamless in 3ds max

I need help for matching the Fk scale(note:not scale only translation of the Fk nodes) with the stretched Ik then match back.

I put a script controller on the x position of the upper and lower Fk node measuring the distance of their bones and it works ,the Fk scale match the stretched Fk all the time but I do not know how to match back the Ik stretch or maybe match the stretch multiplier.

I feel that I am doing it the wrong way.

Thank you.

Old 05 May 2011   #2
I'm by no means an expert on rigging in Max, but have you tried parenting match-dummy-objects to the Ik-handle and FK joint, then using the Align-tool on each respectively as needed to match their positions?

Cheer!

Old 05 May 2011   #3
Thank you
After reading my post I discovered I wasn't clear so I know how to match fk to ik in general when the ik is stretched because it is the same when it is not stretched but if the fk has a scale and the ik has multiplier how to match the Ik to Fk that has been scaled to match the ik before

If I am not clear again so here is the question how to match an ik to a stretched ik(no actual scale involved) specially when the arm is rotated the ik becomes straight but noticed that I can get that posture when I multiply the ik stretch.

Like this or similar at least but only the matching(not all features) which you must try it, to understand :
http://joleanes.com/scripts_plugins/IKFKSolver.php

Last edited by mhdmhd : 05 May 2011 at 09:52 PM.

Old 05 May 2011   #4
I found A very good example for this type of matching.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...ght=phoelix+arm

Old 05 May 2011   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread