Forming Sandcastle with sand particles

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2011
Forming Sandcastle with sand particles

Hi, I am planning to do sand-like particles effect for my school project. I saw some thread/post regarding sand like the one with the walking sand girl. I had this idea where sand particles, forming into sandcastle. Its quite similar to the sequence in SpiderMan 3 when Sandman first form. Is this idea within the manageable range? as I started Houdini about 4 months ago. Will appreciate any advice/tip

Thank You

04 April 2011
sand castles

It's hard to say if it would be manageable, since some people pick up software quickly and other people take more time to get comfortable with a new software package. I would say "go for it", since it's fun to learn new things and it sounds like a neat shot. But it can also depend on your background with cg in general.

I would say try doing some quick tests of a few different methods to see if you can get a simple mock up of your desired scene. Then you may have a better idea if it is possible with-in your own rage.

any thoughts on how you are going to achieve this look?

04 April 2011
Hi
I think you could probably start with studying POPS as much as possible, but take alook at this tutorial
http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/si...-initial-setup/

04 April 2011
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread