Dominance War V - 2D - Marco Nelor -Goddess of Demon Armor

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #1
Dominance War V - 2D - Marco Nelor -Goddess of Demon Armor

hi guys, happy to compete on the side of CGsociety this year! here is my Dominance war entry..

The goddess of Demon Armor...
She blesses soldiers, be they demon, human, or alien..... as long as they pledge their soul to her in fealty...
centuries ago, she accompanied her worshipers on the battlefield, wading through the fray, no arrow nor magic spell piercing the impregnable fortress that is her demon armor.
This day she has been called forth again to do battle in a new age of supernaturals, to prove her equality amongst the other gods of old.

(click for larger image)

Last edited by MarcoNelor : 04 April 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #2
The problem I am having with a lot of these God names is like this: Are we sure that gods can be a god of an object of some sort?

I understand god of war, emptiness, lust, love, life, death, etc.

But when it comes to gods of venomous fish,dragons, demon armour, and another very specific objects I get confused. For there to be a god of something, this thing has to be a prevalent feature of life. With these kind of titles, I feel as though the essence of the competition isn't being adressed.

Its like if I feel like painting a character with a dinosaur skull for a head, I would just call him God of Dinosaur skulls and get away with it. But in my opinion that doesn't strike at the essence of the goal at hand.
But thats just my opinion, I don't feel strongly about it or anything.

As for the design itself, prototype 3 is really badass, looking forward to seeing more!
MY FACEBOOK ART PAGE!
MY DEV-ART PROFILE!
MY CG HUB PROFILE!

Old 04 April 2011   #3
@pavel
Hello sir! you have a very good point indeed! i actually found myself pondering that very idea.
In this world, there are TONS of different gods...just as native Americans prayed to the gods of corn so their crops would flourish, im sure that there is, somewhere out there, a people who pray to the gods to bless their armor before entering a war. Asian warriors even depicted gods in their samurai armors for protection. there are so many gods! All that matters is that somewhere, someone prayed to her, and she appeared As for your "god of dinosaur heads"...im sure if done right, with just the right twist, it could be a powerful(and interesting) idea! Remember, everything sounds strange when its written plainly, but in seeing it, it becomes a powerful story to be told!

fleshing out the back view a bit. (yes, i know, another female torso with no armor covering it) but im hoping to make the armor that encases it so huge and dense, that there is simply no way to get to the body. a sort of tension of opposites. like a rose wrapped in barbed wire...

Last edited by MarcoNelor : 04 April 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Old 04 April 2011   #4
Great stuff! I really like that combination of sexy curves contrasting with the pointy, sharper shapes. The double set of arms is a good idea. Especially the fact that a set is feminine and the other is bulky and strong.

All those thumbnails are sweet. Prototype 3 is definitely my favorite. Knowing your rendering skills, I can foresee this as being a totally badass final concept.

Looking forward to see more!

Old 04 April 2011   #5
Thumbs up

Hello
It's a very interesting concept indeed.
I like your starting.
Bye

Old 04 April 2011   #6
Just as beneto said, i can imagine the awesomeness of the finished piece with your skills.

Old 04 April 2011   #7
we want more!

Old 04 April 2011   #8
thanks guys unfortunately i was moving kinda slow, i had to complete Castlevania Lord of Shadow! now that ive beaten it i can go full steam ahead to my dominance war pieces!!

Some sketches for a helmet now. i think i like version c the best.
im working really loosely right now which is totally different than what i normally do...but im just trying to keep it light and airy before i attack it. Cheers , all!

Old 04 April 2011   #9
Looking great, I like helmet C as well, look forward to seeing how your concept progresses.

the cake is a lie

Old 04 April 2011   #10
sup guys. just still truckin along. Thought id spend a lil time fooling with the creature's anatomy before i started laying the armor over the top of it. lots of backstory arose here as i painted, wondering just where this ghastly beast hailed from... how she got to be the way she was, and how she made her ascension into godhood. fun stuff.

Old 04 April 2011   #11
I may be completely wrong, but this is just my opinion.
I dont like any of the new stuff you went with. The demon arm shape,the completely armorless body, the new face, the claw.

I do like the black skin texture though.

I feel that any of the 3 helmets you posted earlier was really badass, and the original demon arm shape was spot on. But thats just what I think.
MY FACEBOOK ART PAGE!
MY DEV-ART PROFILE!
MY CG HUB PROFILE!

Old 04 April 2011   #12

read the description my friend

Old 04 April 2011   #13
aaaaand theyre off. time to start rendering, and figuring this thing out, now that i have a good base

[img]file:///C:/Users/mnelor/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/img]

Old 04 April 2011   #14
killer nipples :P

Old 04 April 2011   #15
lol. mmm. thank you?
kinda weird getting off to such a late start. wont let u guys down tho

Last edited by MarcoNelor : 04 April 2011 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Closed share thread