Wacom tablet problems with Vista

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2011   #1
Wacom tablet problems with Vista

Anyone else having issues with their wacom tablet in Vista? It happens from time to time, i'll open Zbrush and it will say "Wintab services unavailable" over and over. I looked it up on Zbrush forums and then on wacoms site and ultimately it is some kind of complication with Vista that isn't resolved. I hoped to buy a Cintiq someday, but not if the problem keeps happening. Anyone else have any advice or fixes? Thanks.

Old 04 April 2011   #2
Yes, I had a problem with my Wacom tablet on Vista. But I had an ArtPadII and there were no driver support for Vista, so that was expected. My solution was to upgrade the tablet to Intuos 4. Eventually, I even went to Win 7.

In your situation, we really can't tell what the issue is. You have provided us the least amount of information to help resolve your problem. What model Wacom do you have? Did you try getting the latest drivers? Why didn't you post this in the hardware section?

Old 04 April 2011   #3
I remember long time ago I had trouble with Vista, the wacom would randomly disonnect itself and I had to reboot. Maybe 1 time per day.

Now Im under windows 7 and all is fine, no problem at all. Maybe its time for an upgrade.

Old 04 April 2011   #4
I was mistaken, new computer is Windows 7.

Kirt: I already posted that I checked the wacom and zbrush sites for resolution. I do have the latest Driver. I don't use this site much, so I didn't know there was a hardware section. It doesn't say anything in the sticky about not posting technical issues. I have a wacom Intuos 3.

EarWax: It happens a couple times a month, its more annoying than anything. It will just repeat the error and crash Zbrush. Just wanted to check to see if there was some kind of file I could edit or something to get rid of it.

Thanks for your help.

Old 04 April 2011   #5
mmm... my own Intuos 3 work flawlessly with win7. However I dont have Zbrush... maybe its software specific?

I would try some older drivers, say like last year, or even 2009.

Old 04 April 2011   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread