New project for "The Killing Jar"

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2011   #1
Sexy Killer for the Killing Jar.

This is basically a side project for the inside cover of a graphic book called The Killing Jar. I was given free reighn on what to do so I desided to make a portrait of the man character called Anna. Im going to do it in two peices and then combine them later. This way I can have separate works I can use at a later time. Here is the final thumbnail of the design I settled on. Its a very simple scetch designed to give an idea of where Im going with it.

Last edited by stonewall64 : 03 March 2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: help with placing a background

Old 03 March 2011   #2
The pistol

The main character carries her dead fathers .38 police special but I decided to give her a snub nose because I wanted something a bit more reflective and the snube can come as nickel plated. Here is the first stage rough drawing.

Old 03 March 2011   #3
Pistol Paint Incomplete

I started the painting of the pistol and I am liking the results even though its just starting out. Im about 30 minutes into it now but I gotta get some rest before I go on.

Old 03 March 2011   #4
A bit more painting done. Pistol

Judt a bit more. Been playing with the kids this morning....lol

Old 03 March 2011   #5
Finished pistol.

So Ive finished with the pistol painting. The fact that it is separate from the rest saves a lot of time on other projects where I can use this image as well.

Old 03 March 2011   #6
Anna

So now on to the main character Anna. Used my scetch to block in color and this just the very start.

Old 03 March 2011   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread