Dominance War V - 2D - Arokz - God of Struggle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2011   #1
Dominance War V - 2D - Arokz - God of Struggle

*LATEST UPDATE* Dominance War V - 2D - Arokz - God of Struggle

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Hello world,

This is my first time ever doing a challenge. I would like to participate to have fun and learn from everyone. I feel like I struggle daily with art so to keep it simple, I will do:

"God of Struggle"

Thumbnail #1

Last edited by roke8five : 05 May 2011 at 06:33 PM.

Old 03 March 2011   #2
Hey Arokz,

Nice concept and sketch. Like the head and the upward section of your design.

Good luck and have a lot of fun!!. Waiting for updates. Cheers!!

Old 03 March 2011   #3
omg is the guy farting out in the shapes of piercing swords? thats totally unstoppable, yo! ^^

Agreed with ferx, cant wait to see moar!

-Pui

Old 03 March 2011   #4
Smile Dominance War V - 2D - Arokz - God of Struggle

Ferx: Thank you for your comment mate! Lets have fun!!!

PuiArt: Ha! Thank you for stopping by and making me ----- >

Here is another little update. Will be updating again in a bit.

Old 03 March 2011   #5
Thumbnails Update

Hello.

Another post with the God of Struggle,

Worked on some thumbnails here with a few ideas that I want to do. I am trying to have this God be up high sitting in some kind of platform. I am running tubes around his body connected to the fluid that gives him his daily energy. Even though he is a God, his daily struggle to help others still drains his mind and body so he needs to stay connected with his energy.

I am not the best story teller but I hope this gives a further idea about this character.

Please, any ideas, comments, or suggestions that can help me out will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Old 03 March 2011   #6
Lol, PuiArts imagination is clearly totally in line with the overall DW-theme ;D

Anyways, really good job and awesome color palette! Keep up the good work man! If I may make a recommendation I'd try to break the symmetry of the image to create new interesting elements and shapes.

Old 03 March 2011   #7
Thank you for commenting solblomma, and I agree its really symmetrical right now. Ill go ahead and add some more to it to break it up a bit

Old 03 March 2011   #8
God of Stuggle

It's looking good, man. I can't really tell if he's sitting or squatting. I dont know, maybe it's just me. ;P
Although, an epic throne would be, well, epic!

Good luck!

My website

Old 03 March 2011   #9
Arokz - God of Struggle

Hey danielstultz,

Thank you man for commenting. You are right I am still struggling with that. I wanted him to be sitting down but not comfortably, almost as if he wanted to get up from his seat but was attached to his energy tubes and all the junk on top of him. So maybe he is sitting right at the edge of his throne hoping to one day stand and leave his suffering/struggle.

Thank you once again for stopping by man. Appreciate it.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Another little update here with his throne in progress. The throne will be a mixture between a dead tree trunk that lives by being fed of the liquid that keep The God of Struggle alive. The tree trunk at the top closest to the God will be throwing light that reflects of the energy liquid, can be indication of life. The tree trunk will have more tubes running around and whatever drips from it will fall into a river, that river then flows through out the world where people use it as there personal medication. Still playing around with this idea. Its pretty blurry here but ill post again soon.

Old 03 March 2011   #10
Another update...

Old 03 March 2011   #11
So I started working on his throne and changed a few things. Here is what I have so far. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

Old 03 March 2011   #12
I like B!
By the way I really enjoy how you incorporated the cg society symbol into the image. I am struggling with how to do that myself.
MY FACEBOOK ART PAGE!
MY DEV-ART PROFILE!
MY CG HUB PROFILE!

Old 03 March 2011   #13
Thumbs up

Hello
I really like it a lot, great concept. Waiting for more updates.

Old 03 March 2011   #14
PavelSokov- Thank you, I am sure you will find a good spot for the logo Thanks for stopping by mate and leaving a comment, keep rockn!

Davidramonilustracion- Thank you man here goes another little update... and thank you for dropping a comment

Hi everyone,

Here is another little update... I really struggle coloring so please, please give me some pointers :(

And also, does anyone know what we need for the finals... I read the rules but i didnt catch if we need to do turnaround sheets of the character. Thought it was just a character and some coloring.

Thanks everyone,

Old 03 March 2011   #15
Close up...

Thread Closed share thread